• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Daytona replica

salteen_dude

Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys. New to the forum. Not too familiar with Mopar. Just picked up a 1970 charger daytona replica (body kit car) for 5 grand, drove to Utah to get it. It used to be a test car for an engine building company. Also got a 440 short block from a buddy of mine. Hoping to get some insight on this car. No motor or transmission, suspension needs rebuilt. I want to have a nice cruiser I can take to the track or just have fun with.

Big accomplishment at 19 lol.

Good for you, friend.
Yeah… we love pictures here….women, cars, beef and whisky, the four essentials.

I'll have to get some later I'm not near the car right now, it's rough. No motor, trans, interior, the dash is there. Originally an auto 318 car. Converted to a stick. It does have a straight and rust free body but the nose cone needs repair. The fiberglass is busted there

Welcome aboard! Nice to see some young blood! @chargervert is building a 1970
Daytona Sunroof car. I bet he has some good info for you! :thumbsup:

Welcome to FBBO from NY.
Good choice of hobby at just 19.
I too am looking forward to seeing pics of what you’re starting with.
:thumbsup:

Welcome from Illinois and congrats on acquiring your B-Body project!!

Line Chart.jpg
Hope to see some photos of what you're starting out with plus an occasional work-in-progress photo or two. Check out our Member's Projects & Restorations forum.

Welcome from the midwest. Fiberglass repair is not hard and having a solid body is a big plus on these old cars. Your on the right forum. :thumbsup:

Welcome from Alabama, fixing fiberglass is easier than taking good pictures with a flip phone, but hang in there. I'm sure you have friends willing to help.

There are a lot of terms that people use when describing a car that is a recreation of a desirable model.
Clone.
Tribute.
Replica.
Fake.
My own car isn't a legit R/T. It is a 500 model. One day when I repaint it, I'll probably change the rump stripe to one with the "500" in it. That isn't what the factory did but so what? Just like the OP...I want my car to match what I want regardless of what it was originally.

There are a lot of terms that people use when describing a car that is a recreation of a desirable model.
Clone.
Tribute.
Replica.
Fake.
My own car isn't a legit R/T. It is a 500 model. One day when I repaint it, I'll probably change the rump stripe to one with the "500" in it. That isn't what the factory did but so what? Just like the OP...I want my car to match what I want regardless of what it was originally.
Just the way I see it! it's still dark out right now and I'm leaving for work. Hopefully I will be able to grab some pictures, I should get off early today. Got Wednesday night church service lol!

Clone.
Tribute.
Replica.
Fake.
Way too much is made of what is “real”. It’s all perception. The factory knew the cars were basically all the same before the trim was applied. That is why the second digit in the VIN is the “price class” and not the model. Interesting thing with ‘68-‘70 Chargers, the ones I’ve seen sell for the most cash recently are modified with newer drivetrains like the Gen 3 in them.

Auto Transport Service
Back