• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 GTX lift rear about 2" without changing leafsprings, any options would be appreciated.

Hellwig EZ550 helper springs, Adjustable and works well. Incognito too
Hi Jeff,
I can't find a Hellwig P/N for a Mopar. Are you using them? If so, do you know the P/N?

Not Mopar specific.
They are adjustable for most leaf spring apps.
I would just try using the leaf length to match up.

I am going to be doing some drag racing and I don't think air shocks are going to help with hookup.

I am going to be doing some drag racing and I don't think air shocks are going to help with hookup.
Air shocks can be used well in a street/strip car, even to help an open rear hook up. The secret is an air line and shrader valve for each shock. Higher pressure in the pass side, to account for the physics.
Tends to act a bit like the ss springs, stiffer on the torque unload side.

I noticed my '69 GTX rear sat higher. And honestly did not noticed when I purchased the rears were 15" rims. To the 14" on front. With a 28" tall tire? That gives you a little more than 1".

If I remember right. 15" rears with 14" fronts was thought to be a "No No." But it rides remarkably well. At high speeds as well. 2nd pic is with fronts on higher ground. But to illustrates both rims same rally style.

right rear.jpg

Driver sidel.jpg

I noticed my '69 GTX rear sat higher. And honestly did not noticed when I purchased the rears were 15" rims. To the 14" on front. With a 28" tall tire? That gives you a little more than 1".

If I remember right. 15" rears with 14" fronts was thought to be a "No No." But it rides remarkably well. At high speeds as well. 2nd pic is with fronts on higher ground. But to illustrates both rims same rally style.

View attachment 1415632

View attachment 1415633
Great looking car!

Auto Transport Service
Back