• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Plymouth Satellite - value opinions

Not shitting you at all,my friend had a chance to buy a GTO, and sold that Road Runner to do so. If he wants to pay Road Runner money for a hashed over small block Satellite, let him! That car is a 15 grand car tops! I have seen atleast 20 68 to 70 Road Runner drivers in that price range recently. If you are going to spend money on a Mopar, atleast spend your money on a numbers car that you can get it back if you need to get out of it,and small block Satellites are not it! I'm not shitting on his thread,I am saving his ***!

Sold for $26,500.00 - I will be deleting this post- thanks for all your feedback
Also keep me in mind next time you see a good deal - I’m in the market to buy
Not shitting you at all,my friend had a chance to buy a GTO, and sold that Road Runner to do so. If he wants to pay Road Runner money for a hashed over small block Satellite, let him! That car is a 15 grand car tops! I have seen atleast 20 68 to 70 Road Runner drivers in that price range recently. If you are going to spend money on a Mopar, atleast spend your money on a numbers car that you can get it back if you need to get out of it,and small block Satellites are not it! I'm not shitting on his thread,I am saving his ***!
Thanks but honestly I'm far from needing saving, The car sold today for $26,500.00- however maybe someone can help me by telling me how i can delete this post now that its sold. :)

Good luck finding a car,get a real Road Runner, not an over priced Satellite.

Good luck finding a car,get a real Road Runner, not an over priced Satellite.

Also here is a couple of shots of another so so Satellite that i own.
All factory optioned as follows:
- Alpine white exterior
- White interior
- Bucket seats
- 383 4 BBL
- Manual 4 speed
- Console
- Black Vinyl roof
- Air conditioning
- Tinted Windows
- 323 Sure grip
- Front Disk Brakes
- 1 of 1 as optioned
Rotisserie restoration completion this fall.
* Wheels in pics are just for rolling- not sure what im going to run on it yet, Maybe Magnum 500s, would like to maybe do something different though in a 17"

IMG_5749.JPG IMG_5750.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for this thread. I have often wondered about the value of my own 68 sport satellite. Good to see varied opinions.

The OP was selling, not buying the Satellite. He was just asking opinions on pricing. Opinions are just that, other people's thoughts. Many have said the right buyer would pay the $26k but might take a while to find him. Apparently, the OP found him. Congrats on the sale.

To the OP: why delete this thread? It is informative to others looking to buy or sell. Also, let's see more of the white car !!! I love that color combo !!!!

Also keep me in mind next time you see a good deal - I’m in the market to buy

Thanks but honestly I'm far from needing saving, The car sold today for $26,500.00- however maybe someone can help me by telling me how i can delete this post now that its sold. :)
My friend, congrats! And they thought I was "off" on the market for this car, lol.....

I didn't know that only high end cars should only be restored? Guess if that was the case most of us would never get a chance to own a car. The hobby is a collage of wants and needs......And many models that relate....Crap that is what the manufacturers did when these were new......

In relation to your car price and quality is EXACTLY why you got 26,500....

The V code whatever RR mentioned earlier that got 26k got that for many negative reasons....I don't even have to see the car because the price tells me enough.......

How did the buyer find you? Craigslist? EBay? Other?
Buyer was someone who seen the car in the summer
The OP was selling, not buying the Satellite. He was just asking opinions on pricing. Opinions are just that, other people's thoughts. Many have said the right buyer would pay the $26k but might take a while to find him. Apparently, the OP found him. Congrats on the sale.

To the OP: why delete this thread? It is informative to others looking to buy or sell. Also, let's see more of the white car !!! I love that color combo !!!!
I will start another thread on the white satellite , thanks for the love on that one, it hasn’t been cheap to get it done. But it’s pretty cool, deserved the resto

Buyer was someone who seen the car in the summer

I will start another thread on the white satellite , thanks for the love on that one, it hasn’t been cheap to get it done. But it’s pretty cool, deserved the resto
Maybe create a build thread here in the restoration section....I too would love to see the progress and the project come to fruition....

My friend, congrats! And they thought I was "off" on the market for this car, lol.....

I didn't know that only high end cars should only be restored? Guess if that was the case most of us would never get a chance to own a car. The hobby is a collage of wants and needs......And many models that relate....Crap that is what the manufacturers did when these were new......

In relation to your car price and quality is EXACTLY why you got 26,500....

The V code whatever RR mentioned earlier that got 26k got that for many negative reasons....I don't even have to see the car because the price tells me enough.......[/

The money doesn’t go to me
Maybe create a build thread here in the restoration section....I too would love to see the progress and the project come to fruition....
i will do that !

The V code whatever RR mentioned earlier that got 26k got that for many negative reasons....I don't even have to see the car because the price tells me enough.......[/QUOTE]

That may be your opinion,but I owned the car and know every square inch of it,and you don't know what you are talking about.

[/QUOTE}That may be your opinion,but I owned the car and know every square inch of it,and you don't know what you are talking about.[/QUOTE]

Lets see some pics then.......or the actual for sale ad....

I have a couple pics from when I owned the car. He didn't advertise the car,the person I bought the car from,bought it from my friend,and it is being painted now. It is a RM23V0G car,originally EV2 Hemi Orange,no vynal top. Original floors,no rust,frame rails are mint,engine bay is clean,no rust,with correct hole for N96 Air Grabber hood. Hood is complete and functional. Fenders hood doors bumpers and trunklid are nice. The engine is a correct date coded 440 HP2 Sixpack engine from a V code Challenger R/T,it was rebuilt,and running with correct carbs,air cleaner and cast iron intake. It had the correct 956 Radiator and exhaust manifolds. It had an 18 spline 4 speed,with a new clutch pressure plate and flywheel. It had the correct non console pistol grip shifter. The interior and carpet were new. The front end and power disc brakes were rebuilt. The correct 4.10 Dana 60 was present. The exhaust was new front to back. The rear wheel houses were nice,the trunk extensions were original,and nice,with the original tabs still on them. The center of the trunk floor was replaced with a two piece trunk pan. The lower rear quarter panels behind the rear wheels,had pinholes throughout,and the right side had a hole the size of a half dollar. The car had the correct 15x7 original rallye wheels with center caps and trim rings. The car was complete ,running and driving,registered and insured turn key car. I hope the discription is accurate enough for you

Last edited:
I have a couple pics from when I owned the car. He didn't advertise the car,the person I bought the car from,bought it from my friend,and it is being painted now. It is a RM23V0G car,originally EV2 Hemi Orange,no vynal top. Original floors,no rust,frame rails are mint,engine bay is clean,no rust,with correct hole for N96 Air Grabber hood. Hood is complete and functional. Fenders hood doors bumpers and trunklid are nice. The engine is a correct date coded 440 HP2 Sixpack engine from a V code Challenger R/T,it was rebuilt,and running with correct carbs,air cleaner and cast iron intake. It had the correct 956 Radiator and exhaust manifolds. It had an 18 spline 4 speed,with a new clutch pressure plate and flywheel. It had the correct non console pistol grip shifter. The interior and carpet were new. The front end and power disc brakes were rebuilt. The correct 4.10 Dana 60 was present. The exhaust was new front to back. The rear wheel houses were nice,the trunk extensions were original,and nice,with the original tabs still on them. The center of the trunk floor was replaced with a two piece trunk pan. The lower rear quarter panels behind the rear wheels,had pinholes throughout,and the right side had a hole the size of a half dollar. The car had the correct 15x7 original rallye wheels with center caps and trim rings. The car was complete ,running and driving,registered and insured turn key car. I hope the discription is accurate enough for you
:blah:

Auto Transport Service
Back