• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Plymouth Satellite - value opinions

If you want to pay Road Runner money for Satellites, go ahead,but you will be the one on here blabbing and whining when you can't get your money back when its time to sell! And I will be the one telling you I told you so. Suckers paying over 25k for Satellites are few and far between, this seller may have found one,but it's unlikely you will! I have been doing this for forty plus years,so I speak from experience when I say it costs the same money to build a Satellite verses a Road Runner, but the return on your investment isn't there on the Satellite. This is especially true on a slant six,or 318 powered Satellite! Good luck with your projects.

If you want to pay Road Runner money for Satellites, go ahead,but you will be the one on here blabbing and whining when you can't get your money back when its time to sell! And I will be the one telling you I told you so. Suckers paying over 25k for Satellites are few and far between, this seller may have found one,but it's unlikely you will! I have been doing this for forty plus years,so I speak from experience when I say it costs the same money to build a Satellite verses a Road Runner, but the return on your investment isn't there on the Satellite. This is especially true on a slant six,or 318 powered Satellite! Good luck with your projects.
Looks like the OP got what he wanted......and a little more.....

Why don't you do the OP a favor and just stop pissing on his thread?

You are the one who asked me,after I wished him luck, about my former V code Road Runner. ......... so don't bitch at me for posting, when you asked me to! When I answer your request, and you don't like what it says,because it's true, wether you like it or not,now you don't want to hear it. If you don't want the answers don't ask the questions!

To the OP, enjoy your new project. If you are building the car for yourself, then it doesn't matter if you spend 100k on it. Resale value isn't important. If you are buying it as a stepping stone to get to another car,and you are planning to sell it to do so, then keep in mind how much you put into it,as there is a ceiling as far as value goes. The good thing about a car like a Satellite is that you can build whatever you want out of it without really hurting the value of the car. So if a resto mod or modified build is what you have in mind, then they make the perfect car to start with. Either way good luck with the car.

You are the one who asked me,after I wished him luck, about my former V code Road Runner. ......... so don't bitch at me for posting, when you asked me to! When I answer your request, and you don't like what it says,because it's true, wether you like it or not,now you don't want to hear it. If you don't want the answers don't ask the questions!
Lol....you answered nothing that's what your words are.....

Another clueless response, lowered expectations thats what you are!
Man you are just a naty little guy....

Post some pics of the car...you were asked earlier.....after you initially we're the first to quote me....do you not recall such?

I have a picture on my board at work, and I will post it tomorrow when I am there. When someone posts a thread on value opinions on a 318 Satellite, and I give the opinion, from real world experience, you don't have to agree with it, but there it is, like it or not. I am sure most here will agree that $26,500 is Road Runner money, for a Satellite. You don't have to like or agree with my opinion, but most would agree it is fact. If you don't really want people's opinion don't ask for them!

Funny.
The recent sale of the OP’s car (car in question) says otherwise.

It has nice shiny paint, but what's under the paint? If the rest of the car was done like the trunk floor,then the buyer will figure out soon enough what they got for their money?

I have a picture on my board at work, and I will post it tomorrow when I am there. When someone posts a thread on value opinions on a 318 Satellite, and I give the opinion, from real world experience, you don't have to agree with it, but there it is, like it or not. I am sure most here will agree that $26,500 is Road Runner money, for a Satellite. You don't have to like or agree with my opinion, but most would agree it is fact. If you don't really want people's opinion don't ask for them!
I didn't ask for it....you are the one telling everyone posting, your opinion as to why their opinion is wrong......

Last edited:
Also,
Go ahead and try to find a real #2 (not a #3 car that someone is representing as a #2 car) roadrunner in the mid 20’s.

Nice 383/ 4 bbl cars are in the mid 30’s these days.

Ask Mark,aka Richard Cranium, what he just sold his pristine 69 383 4 speed 3.91 geared Road Runner for, it was a near number one car. I saw it in person, one of the nicest Road Runners I have seen in years. I believe it sold for ten grand more than this 318 Satellite,and it was 100 times the car that one is,. It sold in the mid thirties. If you know Mark, you know that he doesn't buy junk. His car was all matching numbers with documentation, and was all original sheet metal too. Number three cars are available in the 25k range.

Last edited:
Again...Congrats to the OP......

Glad some here put you on the appropriate path.......

Auto Transport Service
Back