• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Plymouth Sport Satellite from Junk to......

That was some dedication with the plastic on the ceiling Ron! Looks great. For the "next time" looks at these for the finer grits...

Sunmight 6" Sunfoam Grip Foam Sanding Discs

They are like denim jeans and any grit will squish into them so you can DA the last few steps and not get pigtails.
Thanks Jim I will look into those as I am sure I’ll have some more need for them! Glad to see you here again!

So I’ve been working to lower my air cleaner to get enough clearance to my new air grabber hood. I ended up removing my carburetor spacer used to provide vacuum to the PCV. That was enough to clear as I was able to mock up finally with the hood in place. One can see the hinge in a full down position in which it will not be at. It will be up at about 2 Oclock. So there will be about 1/2 to 3/4 inch clearance. I would like a bit more and I might swap the high rise manifold to give more clearance but right now I know I have a workable situation. And yes I ordered my Air Grabber door decals lol!

Hood fitment is really good. I have all new rubber hood mount hardware in place.

IMG_8550.jpeg

IMG_8551.jpeg

IMG_8552.jpeg

IMG_8553.jpeg

IMG_8555.jpeg

End-caps using custom 1/32 rubber gasket.

IMG_8588.jpeg

IMG_8587.jpeg

IMG_8586.jpeg

Drove 4 1/2 hours so I could borrow a cup of epoxy primer from Ron. What a great neighbor.

I am going to very much enjoy putting these on! I’ve admired the air grabber hood for a long long time now. Now I can finally realize it…..

IMG_8654.jpeg

Been too hot to want to spend much time in the garage here in Phoenix. Starting to gather my parts and brains for the dash assembly. I’ll need to make the AMETER modification as mine is stick and functional but not super comfortable with all that current flowing through that part. Not sure what I’ll do so if anyone has any good suggestions feel free to chime in.

IMG_9063.jpeg

There you are.....
You were posting a lot while doing the body and paint, then you disappeared like you owed someone money!

01 munkee (2).jpg

Good to see that you're back at it.
The wife and I are looking at Arizona but we can't take the heat of the central valley...We are looking at Kingman. Prescott or Dewey.

There you are.....
You were posting a lot while doing the body and paint, then you disappeared like you owed someone money!

View attachment 1518150

Good to see that you're back at it.
The wife and I are looking at Arizona but we can't take the heat of the central valley...We are looking at Kingman. Prescott or Dewey.
Yeah a Democrat like you in California should be right at home here in AZ lol

The saga continues. For those living in between restorations and repairs and living vicariously through the blood sweat and tears of this build….

IMG_9076.jpeg

IMG_9077.jpeg

IMG_9079.jpeg

IMG_9082.png

IMG_9086.jpeg

Dash pad restoration complete.

IMG_9100.png

IMG_9099.jpeg

Done except for the ash tray cover (as its drying) and the radio knobs. This was a green dash…. As it is right now its bone stock with essentially a new wire harness. I’ll figure out what to do with the charging circuit upgrade soon.

IMG_9166.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
The stock emblem had most of the paint missing. It’s a chrome plated part that is painted. Not a good idea for longevity but then again it’s not plastic! Not easy to mask prime and paint with automotive paint base and clear.

IMG_9179.jpeg

IMG_9185.jpeg

IMG_9187.jpeg

IMG_9236.jpeg

IMG_9280.jpeg

IMG_9279.jpeg

IMG_9281.jpeg

IMG_9282.jpeg

Last edited:
On to the rear quarter windows. I am going to have a lot of questions and I am sure there will be much cussing floating out of the garage. Cleaning the mechanisms now and digging up old pictures and docs as I am clueless as how to assemble these lol.

IMG_9322.jpeg

IMG_9327.jpeg

IMG_9328.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back