• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Roadrunner

oh boy, I've seen that gutted trunk scene before and I'm about to see it again as I start on my 69RR.

looks like an awesome project, looking good!

Looks like aluminum heads on that 440? If so what brand are they?

Pretty much a done deal on the main trunk pan.Next weekend on to the pass side floor pan.

Attachments

• MVC-055S.JPG
    MVC-055S.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 386
  • MVC-058S.JPG
    MVC-058S.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 386
My 70 needed the trunk pan done as well. I traded a steel 440 crank and 6 pack rods in exchange for the labor. Weeeeeeell worth it.

Wow...Bravo on the impressive pace. You got a strange fetish for 70' Roadrunner's with modified dash's Jay..LOL?

Other than the hacked in radio and the in dash sun tach the dash aint bad.For the little $$ i have in it beggers cant be choosy.lol

Not to much done this weekend,did get the pass side floor for the most part removed.Pretty happy with how solid the frame is,no repairs needed so far.Next weekend a little clean up,coat the inside of the frame and the new pass pan gets welded in.

Well after a couple of weekends working on the daily driver stuff its back to the RR.Rained out today and rather than hanging out in a motel room all day i came home to get something done.Pass side floor pan is in the books.Hopefully this next weekend i will get started on the drivers side.

Attachments

• MVC-064S.JPG
    MVC-064S.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 333
jay is that a 2 bulb 4ft halogen light hanging from your car roof? ive never seen that option befor lol. floor looks good by the way

jay is that a 2 bulb 4ft halogen light hanging from your car roof? ive never seen that option befor lol. floor looks good by the way

Yep,cant stand the trouble light method.Some of you young guys will see the light as far as eye sight when you hit your late 40s.

Well i did get started on the drivers side and most of the old removed.Before and after pics

Attachments

• MVC-065S.JPG
    MVC-065S.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 301
  • MVC-067S.JPG
    MVC-067S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 303
My god...What, did they use a can opener to make that hole for the 4Speed? Torsion bar crossmember still in pretty good shape Jay?

My god...What, did they use a can opener to make that hole for the 4Speed? Torsion bar crossmember still in pretty good shape Jay?

Thought you would like the 4 spd hole.That inline 4 spd shifter that was in it,the shifter and about half of the rods were inside the car.Rails and cross member are rock solid.Pretty hard to beleive from a WI car.

Auto Transport Service
Back