• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 steel wheel ID. pn 2944266

chignikred

Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
I would like to get a positive application ID for this 1970 dated steel wheel. It is stamped 2944266 by the valve stem, is a 14" x 55 and pn does not show up in 69 or 70 automotive parts book. Has rather unique bumps between lug holes, not normal for a 70. I've seen a similar 5" wheel also. Could it be a trunk spare, truck ?, but even that should be in wheel parts section.
So if you have real info on this image, chime in.

1970 14x55 wheel (1).jpg 1970 14x55 wheel (2).jpg

Last edited:
I thought the "C" bodys were using the "safety rims" at that time. The ones with no slots, so I'd say it's not one of those either. It's not out of the question to say its just a vintage, knockoff non-OEM replacement. I wonder if there are identity markings on the rim?? Maybe he has better information and a pic of the stamping?

Would like to zero in on the idea this is a 1970 spare wheel, from a car with Ralley or Road wheels. Any original cars out there to confirm idea?

Auto Transport Service
Back