• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 SUPER BEE 383 FENDER SCRIPTS

moes

Local time
2:47 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know why some 1970 Super Bees have the 383 fender scripts and other don't have it on the fender? Thanks

Thats what i remember reading, but i don't know for sure. Bulge hood or not determined callout location.

I have a well used set of scoops for my Ramcharger hood, they’ve been at least two different colours and been drilled for at least two different engine call outs. If only they could talk...
Came off a rolled ‘70 R/T in the Edmonton, Alberta area. I bought them cheap in the early ‘90’s. Scoops, bezels, Ramcharger airbox for CAN$150. Those were the days.

Worth times ten now, i would guess!

If the parts could be found at all. Good originals are unicorns now.
I live in the arctic, where parts are impossible to find. This was pre internet, so I would buy The Edmonton Bargain Finder and search for stuff. I would phone them up, explain my situation, and tell them I would pay full amount, immediately, up front, and pick up the item at some future time. Sometimes a few months away. Bought tons of now rare parts and three complete ‘70 Coronets. Some were for what was at the time real money. Never had so much as a hint of a problem. Every single seller was honest, polite, and nice. Like me.
The internet ruined everything.

I'm talking about 70 Bees with the hood in this picture with the Super Bee emblems installed. I've see some Bees with the 383 fender scripts and with out. I was just wonder why they all didn't receive the 383 scripts on the fenders with this hood when a 383 was ordered
20190805_095228.jpg

Last edited:
Different assembly plant variations? I honestly don't know, but I'll bet somebody here does.

no call out = Hemi

learned that on this site

On that hood didn’t it just say “Super Bee “?
His original question didn’t specify which hood. Just a theory, but perhaps the fender originally was on a Ramcharger hood car that had the call outs on the scoop. Or the car originally had a Ramcharger hood, thus no fender call outs.

I have a well used set of scoops for my Ramcharger hood, they’ve been at least two different colours and been drilled for at least two different engine call outs. If only they could talk...
Came off a rolled ‘70 R/T in the Edmonton, Alberta area. I bought them cheap in the early ‘90’s. Scoops, bezels, Ramcharger airbox for CAN$150. Those were the days.

You should do the right thing and sell me all that stuff for $200 plus shipping to YYC I order to return it to its original geographical area..... :)

my 70 383 bee had the fresh air hood and no fender script. every bulge hood on a bee had the superbee script and 383 call outs on the fender that I have seen.

Not sure what the '70 had, but '69 had fender script with bulge hood, scoop script with ramcharger hood, in documented cases with a Ramcharger hood both fender and hood script from the factory and in the case of my own car the hood on it NEVER had holes drilled in the scoops for script and I personally borrowed said hood off another '69 Bee hardtop in 1978 .

The guy had the dash VIN tag, fender tag, and the cut out pieces of metal from the trunk and radiator core support for sale, also. Wish I had bought them just as historical artifacts. I wonder whatever happened to them. If I recall correctly, and I could be wrong because the last time I even thought of this was around 1995, it was a rolled 1970 Coronet R/T, orange. Ramcharger hood. Edmonton Alberta area. It must have been in pretty good shape (other then being rolled) as I got the whole hood as part of the deal. It had a tree fall across it kinking the hell out of it but was otherwise very nice.

Auto Transport Service
Back