• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 superbee seats........................................

walek98

Local time
5:19 AM
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if these two front seats will fit in my 1968 Roadrunner ???

1970 B body seats will bolt in, but are not correct, for 68.
Frames are also different, so you cant remove 70 super bee covers, and install 68 Road Runner covers and have them fit.

But they will bolt in, and work as far as you can sit in them.
My 69 Charger had 70 charger seats in it when I bought it.
IMO the 70 seats are a bit more comfortable then 68/69 seats, but again, not correct.

bench or buckets?

bench is similar

buckets are very different

68/69 are low back with (after 1968.5) head restraints

70 are high back and the frames and foam are completely different.

IMO the 68/69 buckets are slightly more comfortable than 70-74

Can someone tell me if these two front seats will fit in my 1968 Roadrunner ???

I think he is asking about installing buckets, because he says two front seats.
But your right, YY1 he didn't say what the 68 runner currently HAS, or had.
If his Road Runner had a bench seat, he will need to get bucket seat floor braces, to do it correctly.

Every 68 road runner came from the factory with a bench seat. No RR with buckets untill 69.

Every 68 road runner came from the factory with a bench seat. No RR with buckets untill 69.

Good Catch!!! R413!!, that never even crossed my mind.

70 seats and brackets are "one year only" making them pretty desirable. Sell them and buy the right seat for your car. (sorry, it's your car and your decision, just my .02 worth). jt

70 seats and brackets are "one year only" making them pretty desirable. Sell them and buy the right seat for your car. (sorry, it's your car and your decision, just my .02 worth). jt

Thanks, great advice................wot is a good set of 70 bucket seats worth used ?

where can i find a 68 roadrunner bench seat, need a hood as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, great advice................wot is a good set of 70 bucket seats worth used ?

where can i find a 68 roadrunner bench seat, need a hood as well
68-69 seat will work (you would have to remove the headrest on 69 seats to be "correct", don't think 68's had them, {disclaimer-not sure if they were available with upgraded interior} ). as for the value of your seats, google a set and see what similar seats are going for (quote from Tony's Parts website "$695pr 70 Bucket Seats, Need Recovering (If With Good Covers Add $150) (Add $100 For 70 Charger)) AMD has the hood http://www.autometaldirect.com/amd-hood-oe-style-p-527.html. jess

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know anyone in South Central PA? Chryslers @ Carlisle this weekend, bench seats might turn up in the swap meet.

Here are the seats that came out of my 1970 superbee

Can anyone tell me what cars were built for ??? charger ? roadrunner ? superbee
And what years ?? 1968 1969 1970 ???

I want to trade them for the 68 road runner bench seat I need as reccomended above by JT 4406

IMG_1725.jpg IMG_1723.jpg

Almost look like truck tracks.

68/69 any B body should work- Coronet/Belvedere/Satellite/Charger.

Head restraints were available as an option starting in 1967.

Almost look like truck tracks.

68/69 any B body should work- Coronet/Belvedere/Satellite/Charger.

Head restraints were available as an option starting in 1967.

Seats look to have 1966 Charger covers, so frames are prob 66/67, not the 70 high backs and tracks I have never seen before.

Those don't look like 66 or 67 tracks to me.

I have NEVER seen those tracks before.

Seats look to be 66/67, and covered with 66 Charger covers.

I was agreeing with you that they look like truck or van tracks with the height.

Auto Transport Service
Back