• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Water Pump Housing Question

clazar

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
Is the water pump housing different for a 70 440. I bought a set of heater hose nipples for an extra one I have. They don't fit. I know my 70 440 has 1/2 & 5/8 heater hoses. I think the housing might be for 69 & down. I can't find any date coding on it either. If they are different, what housing # do I need. Any help is appreciated.

Chuck

Geez....wish I could help you.... nothing on my car is original. I remember running into a problem with not being able to read the timing marks with one water pump housing I had. On my '70 I put in a "plumbing adapter" to mate the 1/2" and 5/8" hose.... but I'm guessing you're looking for "stock" so I'm not much help :(

The B/RB and Hemi water pump housings are all the same
383/440/426

I have an Old Thread on this forum, explaining this
Lets see if I can dig it up
Yes: one is "9/16ths and one is 1/2" I believe

CHECK OUT MY THREAD years ago: http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...p-inlets-for-Mopar-Big-Block-(B-RB)-on-a-Hemi

MY POST 2013:
I'm looking for a "NEW" inlet water nipples for the Hemi (For B/RB water pump housing)

Kit 1 from Year One has a small inlet: 7/16ths with a small thread.

Kit 2 from Mancinni Racing has a 9/16ths size with the standard 3/8ths NPT thread.
But: This inlet will not fit the smaller diameter hose to firewall.

The inlet I'm searching for is in picture 2 and picture 4. It is in rough condition, cast, not Aluminumn. It is 3" long and 1/2" O.D for the smaller hose.

Notice Mancinni Racings' kit has a "SHORT" inlet, again 9/16ths. I will use that but I need a 3" one with 1/2" O.D for smaller hose.

Does anybody manufacture this item new?

"Super-bee_ski"

Then what is this one off of?
32aed6610f8062ee571a53cf7c32236e.jpg
14d81f3e3b15604f7d94cbef145e9891.jpg

I'm sorry, at my current location, my firewall is blocking your pic.
But if it is not correct for your car, then what does it matter?

Go to Mancinni Racing (Google) and do a visual of the B/RB/Hemi water pump housing
OR: as texas69bee posted: 440 source

Auto Transport Service
Back