• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best water pump?

dan juhasz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
Now that I had to remove the water pump housing to remove a frozen plug and the heater nipples I’m going to get a new water pump also. Looking for feedback if indeed there is a better water pump for cooling than just getting an air Tex from auto zone. For a 67 GTX Hemi

There's has been a lot of discussion on it in the past...... need to lay my hands on the link..... or maybe you could do some searches here and possibly FABO or more likely FCBO for the big blocks (inc Hemi).

IIRC, the issue was there are more different style impellers than you would think..... and some just don't cut it. If you do just grab a reman unit form the parts store, take a look at how it compares to your old one (you may not want to hand them that core).

Agree with above comment from Ruffcut, Get a Flowkooler pump.. you won't regret it.

I just put one in a customer's car. Can't really say if it's great or not, hard to measure flow rates. But along with a re cored rad it ran cool.
The only thing I didn't like is the impeller didn't seem to be set as deep as the pump I took out.
A guy should cut a pump housing in half to see how tight they are

I put Flowkoolers on all 3 of my cars, no complaints.

I just a duralast one in my mine from autozone

I'm running a Milodon on my 340. It works fine, but I don't know how it compares to the others.

Flowkooler. Summit racing. They're the cat's nuts! nuff said! ruffcut
FLOWKOOLER......I bought mine from Flowcooler....

Anyone with a big block Mopar knows they can run hot so Flowkooler designed a high flow water pump with a CNC machined billet impeller with 16 vanes, integrated shrouding and a reduced casting-to-impeller vane clearance. It achieves greater flow rates, higher head pressure and a more efficient flow. The impeller color is due to Type II Class II military grade surface coating which protects against corrosive fluids.

FlowKooler introduced the first hi flow pumps and continues to improve impeller design. Why is increased flow so important to cooling a hot HEMI engine? Because it has been proven time and time again that reducing the cycle time between the heat source and the heat sink creates more opportunities to shed heat and drop engine temperatures.

From 0-3,300 RPM…Nothing Beats a FlowKooler!

www. flowkoolerwaterpumps.com

BOB RENTON

Flowkooler, that is a unique impeller design for sure. They claim it helps cool at idle and low speeds, exactly where my issues are.

That's too bad.....they're generally rebuilt brsnd x.....go to the FLOWKOOLER web site and buy new, with proven performance.....
BOB RENTON
Nothing that I have ever owned (currently 6), and including my .030 440 with 10.62 compression and pump gas street driven regularly in Tennessee heat, has ever had a cooling issue so I’m good with NAPA. For future reference if I ever think I have an inefficient water pump I will look at a Flowkooler.

Last edited:
Flowkooler.

68334580976__D202F566-A833-4CFA-94C6-0E0C789F681A.jpg

I have no experience with the FlowKooler, I used a stock eight finned pump. Moves lots of coolant, never had an overheating problem on my 440.

20170520_144948.jpg

I just installed a Flowkooler this week on my Bee’s 383 in preparation for my trip to Chrysler Carlisle in a couple of weeks. Old water pump worked, but got warm sitting in traffic. Flowkooler installed for a little added insurance. So far so good creeping down Rt 1 in Ocean City, MD…..

IMG_6566.jpeg
IMG_6568.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back