• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1971 Dodge Charger RT 440 6 pac V-code Mr Norms Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

nakabrd

Local time
8:46 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a 1971 Dodge Charger 440 Six Pack with Torqueflite automatic transmission.up for auction. It was built on September 11, 1970. Of the 178 Six Pack Charger RT's built for '71, 98 were equipped with the automatic transmission. It is listed on the 1971 Dodge Charger RT Registry. This is an original MR. NORMS GRAND SPAULDING DODGE car with full documentation from the dealership.

It also has a full history of the car with details from the original owner. The third owner completed a mild restoration on the car in 1997. This included an engine rebuild at 54,000 miles, body and paint job, interior freshen up including new front seat covers, however the interior is mostly original. Being a mid-west car, the right side of the trunk floor was replaced but the remainder of the sheet metal is in excellent shape. The chrome and stainless trim are also in excellent condition. The hideaway grille and tail lamp bezels are in very good condition also.

The 440 six pack starts and runs excellently but the rear main seal drips a little.As detailed in the car's history, the Charger has a Service (short) Block with no VIN stamped on the pad but with all correct machine tool markings. The Torqueflight is original and has never been rebuilt. The 4.10 Dana is also original and is in excellent condition.

Everything works flawlessly on the car, from the ignition key buzzer to the trunk light.

This is a well optioned car and includes the following:

EV2 High impact Hemi orange exterior color
V1X Black full vinyl top
A09 Concealed Headlamp
A34 Super Track Pack 4.10 Dana
A45 Front/Rear Spoiler Package
C55 Bucket seats
G36 LH/RH colored racing mirrors
J45 Hood Tie down pins
J52 Inside hood release
B51 Power disc brakes
N96 Ramcharger fresh air hood

And many other options. This is a 2 fender tag car and has 2 build sheets. It also has the original sales packet from Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge Dealership.

There are several production anomalies associated with this car and they are detailed with the car's history. With the Mr. Norm's documentation and the original sales packet, this a a very nicely documented, rare Mopar.

Icing on the cake is that I just took the car to Los Angeles for a photo shoot with MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE. The car will be featured in the October issue of Mopar Muscle magazine.

There are a few flaws on the car. The windshield has a slight crack. There appears to be a small burn area on the drivers seat bottom. I cannot find any rust or bubbles on the car.

The car is in Bakersfield, CA. $62,000

Charger sales pics 003.JPG Charger sales pics 002.JPG Charger sales pics 003.JPG Charger sales pics 009.JPG Charger sales pics 011.JPG Charger sales pics 014.JPG Charger sales pics 021.JPG Charger sales pics 022.JPG Charger sales pics 024.JPG Charger sales pics 032.JPG

I am located within 80 miles of this car if anyone wishes me to check it out for them.
PM if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back