• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1972 400 4 speed road runner project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bb70charger500

Local time
10:15 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello all you'll never guess what I found! Oh wait you probably know if your reading this , less then 3 mins from my house this road runner hid. So let me start by saying its not my car the guy is older and doesn't do internet so bear with me on this I can fervour and him in touch if you want it . So as per what I know and the fender tag the car is a factory 400 Bb 4 speed car non air,non radio, 8 3/4 out back was org ev1(tore red) bucket seat no console car black interior. It's basically what every little boy dreams of. The car is apart was on a rotisserie the under sides look great there was basically no rust on this car there is some body work needed where there is a little wrinkle on the 1/4 but overall fairly easy build. The guy has a 440 and a 4 speed that are included non org cond unknown but it looks like he has all the parts for the car trim and all except for the road runner grill he had a gtx grille for it. If I wasn't gimp and I was rich and had more space I'd buy it right now . But I'm all of the about but the bad versions. So I figured I'd share if your interested in this r.r. let me know I'll help you out as much as possible guy seems nice . Oh the price well he started at $10000 and with all the stuff there it's probably worth that especially since the car has all of its tags and photos from when it was found ect. He dropped to $8000 fairly fast then $7000 kinda slow my happy number in my head (that I think a fair deal is was $6500-$7000) so I don't think this cars price is far off .so if your looking for a real deal road runner big block 4 speed in bright orange this is your chance! .oh yeah check out the radio delete option I don't think I've ever seen one like this in person it looks so weird.
Sorry guys it's not a ram air car .p.m. if interested
IMAG0545_BURST001.jpg
IMAG0546_BURST001.jpg
IMAG0547_BURST001.jpg
IMAG0548_BURST002.jpg
IMAG0549_BURST001.jpg

Oh there's a hole in the drivers side 1/4 in front big the rims needs a patch installed not included I don't think there was anything else

I saw that all three times it was listed.

Must not have had any decent offers.

I agree the radio delete bezel is pretty odd.

Seems like they could have engineered a way not to have to make separate parts.

At 10K, it would have been silly for me NOT to buy the running, driving, shiny B5 blue 72 340 A/C car with perfect interior (and grille) for 13K that was listed the first time this one was.

The b5 car isn't as nice as it looked but I agree running driving is a big thing but a unique road runner is nice to have

I was up close and personal with the Tamp B5 340 car several times.

Biggest issues were a dirty engine bay and a rusty replacement driver's side fender with a couple deep bondo spots. It also had a replaced driver's door, but it was from another 72 RR! Must have had a driver's front end collision at some point. The rest of the car was super solid and the trunk even closed like new.

This was the Tampa bench seat car.

There was another one with buckets in N Orlando area advertised for 20K.

20K is not even close to affordable for me, so I didn't go to see that one.
The Tampa car was listed at 13K and at the bottom of the market, I offered 8 and would have gone 10.

This is also one of those cases where, despite what the book says, a 340 car is generally (in the real world) worth more than a 400 car because the mystique of the 340 is valued more than the low comp smogger reputation of the 400. Of course the 4 speed does add value, and to a certain group of buyers, a "stripper" car can have added value over a car with working A/C.

Is the car still available, and is there a phone number I can call to discuss. Please advise.
DJ

As far as I know it's still available. P.m. me and I'll get you the number as we can't post it here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back