• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 gy8 SSP restoration

Yes it faired well considering my stupidity. Its only surface rust but its the surface rust thats in the nooks and crannies I'm worried about.

DSCN0092.JPG
DSCN0093.JPG
DSCN0087.JPG
DSCN0088.JPG
DSCN0089.JPG
DSCN0090.JPG
DSCN0091.JPG
DSCN0094.JPG DSCN0095.JPG DSCN0096.JPG

So the pictures above are from the bottom of car. the rear drivers floor pan is bent up a little and a few pin holes plan on straitening best I can and welding up pin holes.
as for the other pics some more pin holes which I again plan on welding up. the bigger ones will get metal.
after this stage I will send it back to blaster
I am open to any suggestions on better ways of doing it

Last edited:
I am starting to look for some parts I don't have yet. One thing is the transmission linkage and pedal linkage.
Will any year trans work? Years I should avoid?

Is that a factory 4 speed non-RR car?

I bought a bench seat 4 speed tunnel hump from a 71 383-4 4 speed RH23 Satellite that was Hemi orange and had chin spoilers from the factory.

Super neat car but it was very rough, the guy had no title and he was not really interested in selling it whole.

Very nice work! I love the 72's but the 71 side markers are so much nicer in my opinion. If they could have carried anything over I wish it could have been that.

The frame rails look surprisingly good. As do the torsion boxes. I may cut them out

Auto Transport Service
Back