• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Road Runner 440-4 Spark Plugs

Davison

Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
What's your opinions of the Champion RJ 12YC plugs as compared with the NGK BR6S. The Champions are in the car now and AutoZone does not have those only the NGK. Any opions or another plug. No racing, just starting, driving and cruising. Thanks.

I run NGK XR5 3332's in my 71 440. The BR6S is a good plug.

What's your opinions of the Champion RJ 12YC plugs as compared with the NGK BR6S. The Champions are in the car now and AutoZone does not have those only the NGK. Any opions or another plug. No racing, just starting, driving and cruising. Thanks.
There is nothing wrong or incorrect about Champion RJ--12YC. There are other brands with numerous identical features as the NGK offerings. Probably, the most important consideration, AFTER determining the REACH, is the heat range, electrode type and materials of construction, gap configuration, whether resistor or not, and the intended use. The advocates of NGK vs every other brand have their own reasons for their selection....but...never seem state the reasons....just "they're the best"...what ever that is.....cost, availability, life, performance or some combination of all the above. Those that profess NGK's are best entitled to their opinions, and seldom say exactly reasons..but for those inquiring as to WHY....its like saying: "how high is up"..... The engine will tell you what it likes.....if you listen to it....not just hearsay, without un-substantiated opinions by others....make your own decisions, you'll learn more. Just talking out loud.....
BOB RENTON

NGK = superior quality control.
I will provide no data, and therefore one can call this an opinion if they wish.

Yes, & not only that....

[1] I had the first model 750 CC 4 cyl Honda M/cycle circa 1970. It had points ign. It also had Champion R-6 spark plugs. You were lucky to make it home without one of these fouling. NGKs lasted much longer.....
[2] NGK pioneered the copper centre electrode. I remember Champion & other companies putting ads in magazines rubbishing the idea, with nonsense like 'the copper will melt'. Fast forward a few years & they all use copper, including Champion...

Auto Transport Service
Back