• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Runner X

I think The Man, would love to get his dusty hands on that car!! Get your name on the list!
Meanwhile, how's the drivetrain coming along?
He has the car but has repeatedly told me he is to busy. 440 is built and test run. Needs a new carb and water pump otherwise ready. Have a new clutch bought and the trans has been gone through. Diff is in the car yet so haven’t seen it since June last year. Have all the brakes and suspension bought just need to get them installed. Sadly the argument is he thinks if i get it on the road it will never be finished.

He has the car but has repeatedly told me he is to busy. 440 is built and test run. Needs a new carb and water pump otherwise ready. Have a new clutch bought and the trans has been gone through. Diff is in the car yet so haven’t seen it since June last year. Have all the brakes and suspension bought just need to get them installed. Sadly the argument is he thinks if i get it on the road it will never be finished.
Could he be possibly correct?

Welcome from South Florida! I vote to get it together and drive it. I have a 72 also and can't wait to get back on the road with it. The interior is done and mechanically it's almost there, but I'm gonna drive it some before I can get the body work done.

Welcome from South Florida! I vote to get it together and drive it. I have a 72 also and can't wait to get back on the road with it. The interior is done and mechanically it's almost there, but I'm gonna drive it some before I can get the body work done.
So far drive it is winning by a land slide. I have most of the parts to drive it just need to assemble. The car is just to cool to sit for another decade waiting. As i say this though i think of my poor 74 that waits for the right time as well.

20200428_193033.jpg

So far drive it is winning by a land slide. I have most of the parts to drive it just need to assemble. The car is just to cool to sit for another decade waiting. As i say this though i think of my poor 74 that waits for the right time as well.
I feel ya! I have 2 more waiting after the '72:
IMG_20200919_134434598~2.jpg
20170702_112157.jpg

Good point, lots of work done to that, then fizzled out like a 60 year old damp firecracker.
What was the holdup there?

Good point, lots of work done to that, then fizzled out like a 60 year old damp firecracker.
What was the holdup there?
Life happened! Had kids, tried to save a marriage. But they both shall live again hopefully sooner than later.

Auto Transport Service
Back