• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Satellite. All new parts and wires still same problem

I am glad you Informed me on the black wire deal THANKS A BUNCH!! Yes purple connects to yellow. I will move that tomorrow night to the "I" on the starter relay. Where does the brown wire land? I will tape off the small black wire and tuck it away.

The brown wire runs out to the ballast resistor, connects to the coil side of the resistor. While cranking, it will provide full battery voltage to the coil, by-passing the resistor.

You cud always check any wire to ground with a meter set to ohms. One lead to wire, other lead to solid chassis ground. No power necessary.
If the meter jumps from "OL" to over .99 its either shorted to, or is a ground wire.

Thank you. Tonight after job #1 I will go to job #2 and button up the ignition wiring then go underneath and adjust if necessary.

The brown wire runs out to the ballast resistor, connects to the coil side of the resistor. While cranking, it will provide full battery voltage to the coil, by-passing the resistor.

That fixed the problem. It fired right up. On to the next b-body project.

16295092836454369683450319668609.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back