• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973-1974 dodge charger power window question

bugsydog

Local time
6:36 AM
Reaction score
HI everyone, I own 74 dodge charger non power window car and would like to convert to power windows. First question, if I locate the power window set up form a 73-74 charger can it be installed in my doors or will there be a lot of modifications? ( I dont want to switch out my doors). Second question, Is there a specific wiring harness needed etc to run the windows and is there an aftermarket wiring harness available? At this time I have not located/secured the power window set-up....any help would be greatly appreciated, pictures etc

Doors are the same but will need to drill the harness holes. No aftermarket harness specifically for Charger. Factory 71-4B will work. Even 4-dr can be made to work. E and C body as well.

pretty sure the regulators are car line specific

wiring OTOH can come from almost anything close

I'm collecting parts to put PW in my 73.

I got a really nice '69 harness from ebay and it will work fine with no mods.

be aware that the rear upper panels on a PW car have no holes
the switches are in the lower panels.

The fronts, conveniently have the holes for the cranks inside the template to cut out for the switches.

if you have an SE, of course the rear is N/A

SE P/W setups are a lot easier to find since a harness and switches is nearly the same all the way through '79 for Cordobas as well as Chargers. The switch design changed around '76 and the later switches are much cheaper but fit and work 100%.

Joel in Erie, PA has a '71 Charger parts car and it has PW. Not sure if he sold the PW stuff yet.

Auto Transport Service
Back