• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973-1974 Roadrunner & GTX and Satellite Pic Thread

CoronetRTguy

Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
Ok everynoe I need to see a lot of pics of the 1973-1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, Roadrunner GTX and Satellites. I know we have a thread on 1971-1974 B bodies but I would really like to see just these two years and just the Plymouth B bodies.

I think the bug has bitten me for the 73-74 Plymouth B bodies. Also I noticed on youtube.com that if you look up 73 Roadrunner you get more 74s. I do not know why but that is the way it is.

So if you got them post them, if you own one post it up and tell us about it from what it was original to what you have done to it now.

Also with that said I think we need a thread started for the 73-74 Chargers as well. I also love those and love seeing them on the road.

Ok my fellow Mopar nutts post the 73-74 B bodies and lets all drool for hours!

My 73 RR :grin:

IMG_0656paintz.jpg

IMG_0657paintz.jpg

When i first acquired the car..

2012-03-15_11-44-29_914.jpg

2012-03-29_15-21-18_816.jpg

My 73 RR :grin:

IMG_0656paintz.jpg

IMG_0657paintz.jpg

When i first acquired the car..

2012-03-15_11-44-29_914.jpg

2012-03-29_15-21-18_816.jpg

Looks good looks like you did some work to get it back on the road. Is it an original black body white stripe car? I really like that color combo.

What wheels on it?

Keep the pics coming can't wait to see more. If you see any on the net post them up.

Yeah, original color was black, with what i assume was white striping lol..The stripe was brownish from sun damage...The car was in pretty bad shape when i got it...still needs lots more... :)

The wheels are 16" Eagle Alloy 203's

B&M Shifter 016.jpgB&M Shifter 024.jpg...Hi...you have a good eye...that is the first thing I noticed when I saw the first photos of the car before we bought it...B&M Shifter...it is really cool...looks good and is fun to play with...takes a bit of getting use to but I love it...Marla

Here's my 74 Road Runner. The first pic is as it was when I drove it back from a barn in the furthest boonies of Hawthorne, FL. The rest are shots of it at various car shows, and I am very proud to say aside from the farm-fresh pic that I did not take any of these pictures. They were all taken by attendees at the shows who thought enough of our efforts to take a picture and post it on various web pages. :)

Car was originally a B5 blue/blue 318/727 with a column shifter, and is now black on black with a 360 that was in it when I got it and now has a console shifter. The car came with a Flowmaster exhaust system with 40s for the mufflers. Interior is a mix of 71-74 Charger and Satellite parts, and the bucket seats are from a 76 Dodge Aspen. Also added a Go Wing from a 73 Road Runner and a front spoiler for a 69 Camaro. It gets driven about 40-50 miles a day four days a week, and thinks trailers and garages are for wimps. :) This Spring we'll be replacing the 360 with a 440, adding +2" leaf springs, and replacing the stock 14" Rallye wheels with 15" Rallyes on the front and 16" Rallyes on the rear.

SAM_0928.jpg

BudShow.jpg

DSC07429.jpg

CAM00124.jpg

IMG_4505.jpg

Here's my 74 Road Runner. The first pic is as it was when I drove it back from a barn in the furthest boonies of Hawthorne, FL. The rest are shots of it at various car shows, and I am very proud to say aside from the farm-fresh pic that I did not take any of these pictures. They were all taken by attendees at the shows who thought enough of our efforts to take a picture and post it on various web pages. :)

Car was originally a B5 blue/blue 318/727 with a column shifter, and is now black on black with a 360 that was in it when I got it and now has a console shifter. The car came with a Flowmaster exhaust system with 40s for the mufflers. Interior is a mix of 71-74 Charger and Satellite parts, and the bucket seats are from a 76 Dodge Aspen. Also added a Go Wing from a 73 Road Runner and a front spoiler for a 69 Camaro. It gets driven about 40-50 miles a day four days a week, and thinks trailers and garages are for wimps. :) This Spring we'll be replacing the 360 with a 440, adding +2" leaf springs, and replacing the stock 14" Rallye wheels with 15" Rallyes on the front and 16" Rallyes on the rear.

SAM_0928.jpg

BudShow.jpg

DSC07429.jpg

CAM00124.jpg

IMG_4505.jpg

Great looking runner! I can't tell in the first pic but is that B5? It looks different on my computer like maybe a purple/blue. I really like the black on black and the car looks good and its a daily driver also. That is what I'm talking about!

I do see from time to time Plymouth down the sides of the 73-74 was this an option for these years or just an aftermarket thing?

The bug has me and I want that 73 I'm looking at. I did make an offer today but he wont budge on coming down any.

Keep the pics coming everyone and I'm enjoying them and drooling while taking study breaks! My text book now has drool in it and its not from the text lol.

Here ya go. I got it out of Arizona 6 years ago. The real little old lady car. 318 on the column, am radio, a/c. 1 repaint. It had oil receipts/services in the glove compartment. Originally had 14" wheels and hubcaps. I put the rallys on. Supposedly it is the original muffler under the car ( needs replacing). I never drive it.
d9c02bd4.jpg

76f1b5d9.jpg

27ad09a2.jpg

Here ya go. I got it out of Arizona 6 years ago. The real little old lady car. 318 on the column, am radio, a/c. 1 repaint. It had oil receipts/services in the glove compartment. Originally had 14" wheels and hubcaps. I put the rallys on. Supposedly it is the original muffler under the car ( needs replacing). I never drive it.
d9c02bd4.jpg

76f1b5d9.jpg

27ad09a2.jpg

I really love that car and I have looked at it on the site a few times. How did it look with just the hub caps? I'm not sure if I have seen pics of it here with them or just the rally wheels. Its funny to think that the rally wheel was not standard by this time and they were still using wheel covers or hub caps.

Great looking Sat! I love it and would drive it like crazy.

Here is my 1973 Roadrunner.It started life as a 318 Roadrunner but when i bought it in 2007 it had a 400 BB. Since than i have painted it and installed a Stroked 440 (500cid) with dual quad intake, TCI 727 , 355 Posi rear and 16" magnum 500 wheels with BF Goodrich G Force Radials. I started to put the White stripes back on but changed my mind. The 2nd pic is how the car was when i bought it.One of these days i hope to finish it.IMG_9940_0011.jpg

100_1814.jpgIMG_1064A.jpgIMG_1127_1.jpgIMG_1132_A.jpgIMG_9901_0050.jpg

Great looking runner! I can't tell in the first pic but is that B5? It looks different on my computer like maybe a purple/blue. I really like the black on black and the car looks good and its a daily driver also. That is what I'm talking about! I do see from time to time Plymouth down the sides of the 73-74 was this an option for these years or just an aftermarket thing?
Yes... it was B5 blue, and was the second one I've owned in that color, which is ironic as I hate that color. :) The Plymouth on the quarter panels was not an option. I just liked the way it looked on the Superbirds, so I put it on the last 73 I owned back in 1991 and I did it again on this one. Both times I used the Superbird decals, but I have seen cars that used the old Direct Connection Plymouth letters that were smaller, and some even smaller sets, which to me don't look as nice as the larger Superbird Plymouth decals.

I've done a couple of 73/74s up as full-blown show cars, and ended up spending a fortune on cars that mainly sat in the garage and collected dust. That's why I wanted to make this a car that would only need to impress one person: me. Screw originality and screw resale value. I wanted a car that looked good, ran good, and that I could actually enjoy, and that's exactly what I got and I didn't go broke doing it. :) I wasn't planning on taking it to shows, but we had a guy from one show stop us and ask us to come, and once we were at that show we were invited to other shows, then we got invites at those other shows, so the car's been to three shows now. We'll never win a trophy, but that's okay because the car's gotten lots of attention at every show we've taken it to, and I do get a kick out of seeing more people taking pics of my daily driver than a lot of the high-end trailer queens parked next to us. :) We're there to show the love for Mopars and the Steelers and the car does just that.

Here is my 1973 Roadrunner.It started life as a 318 Roadrunner but when i bought it in 2007 it had a 400 BB. Since than i have painted it and installed a Stroked 440 (500cid) with dual quad intake, TCI 727 , 355 Posi rear and 16" magnum 500 wheels with BF Goodrich G Force Radials. I started to put the White stripes back on but changed my mind. The 2nd pic is how the car was when i bought it.One of these days i hope to finish it.View attachment 91012

View attachment 91013View attachment 91014View attachment 91015View attachment 91016View attachment 91017

I love it with the stripes and with out. I'm looking at it the way it is now and that is a total sleeper car. Beautiful car man and you said its not done. What needs to be done to it?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my 74 Roadrunner... Had it for 30 years.
View attachment 91031

This is one of my other favorite color combo. I really like the white with red stripe. That is a great looking Runner. Tell me more about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes... it was B5 blue, and was the second one I've owned in that color, which is ironic as I hate that color. :) The Plymouth on the quarter panels was not an option. I just liked the way it looked on the Superbirds, so I put it on the last 73 I owned back in 1991 and I did it again on this one. Both times I used the Superbird decals, but I have seen cars that used the old Direct Connection Plymouth letters that were smaller, and some even smaller sets, which to me don't look as nice as the larger Superbird Plymouth decals.

I've done a couple of 73/74s up as full-blown show cars, and ended up spending a fortune on cars that mainly sat in the garage and collected dust. That's why I wanted to make this a car that would only need to impress one person: me. Screw originality and screw resale value. I wanted a car that looked good, ran good, and that I could actually enjoy, and that's exactly what I got and I didn't go broke doing it. :) I wasn't planning on taking it to shows, but we had a guy from one show stop us and ask us to come, and once we were at that show we were invited to other shows, then we got invites at those other shows, so the car's been to three shows now. We'll never win a trophy, but that's okay because the car's gotten lots of attention at every show we've taken it to, and I do get a kick out of seeing more people taking pics of my daily driver than a lot of the high-end trailer queens parked next to us. :) We're there to show the love for Mopars and the Steelers and the car does just that.

Thats awesome. I'm with you I want something I can drive and enjoy and not worry about if it gets a speck of dirt on it. I want to drive it till the wheels fall off.

I've done the shows and they are fun but I always worried about someone scratching the car and never really enjoyed the show. That is a great looking Roadrunner and I do like the Plymouth decal. I think the factory should have offered it.

I should do one up in Dallas Cowboy colors but I'm on strike from the team until Romo is gone!

That's funny what you said about people scratching the car. One of the pics I posted shows my car next to a Pontiac GTO convertible. I was standing between the two cars talking to a babe who had been asking about the road runner. One or two times, her butt touched the side of the GTO, and within seconds the owner of the GTO had to come over and say "excuse me, but please do not rub against my car! It'll scratch the paint!" The girl was wearing blue jeans, not chain mail, so her *** wasn't going to hurt his paint job. While he was still standing there I said "that's okay, you feel free to rub against my car however you like. Those jeans won't do anything but make that paint even shinier." She laughed and told me again how nice the car was, then walked past the goat herder and didn't say squat about his precious drop top. :)

I kinda felt for the guy, but hey... not having to worry about someone touching my car has made showing it much more enjoyable.

That's funny what you said about people scratching the car. One of the pics I posted shows my car next to a Pontiac GTO convertible. I was standing between the two cars talking to a babe who had been asking about the road runner. One or two times, her butt touched the side of the GTO, and within seconds the owner of the GTO had to come over and say "excuse me, but please do not rub against my car! It'll scratch the paint!" The girl was wearing blue jeans, not chain mail, so her *** wasn't going to hurt his paint job. While he was still standing there I said "that's okay, you feel free to rub against my car however you like. Those jeans won't do anything but make that paint even shinier." She laughed and told me again how nice the car was, then walked past the goat herder and didn't say squat about his precious drop top. :)

I kinda felt for the guy, but hey... not having to worry about someone touching my car has made showing it much more enjoyable.

Yeah I agree it is much more fun to go and enjoy the show and not worry. My 70 Torino 426 SCJ 4spd Cobra Jet Drag pack car was one that I worried over at the shows. I parked it in an area that I thought was good and with the candyapple paint I was worried over it. That paint shows flaws fast. I had some kids with their dad behind them kicking rocks and I was like oh NOOOOOOOOOO and some of them hit my car and I just asked the dad if he could stop the kids from doing that. He got kind of mad at me and I told him its not the kids fault for acting like that and I told him it was his fault. That ticked him off even more but the kids did stop and a few other guys came over and said I'm glad you said something we were scared to.

I sold that car and thought man I just wanted to enjoy shows but not like that.

Thats funny what you said to the girl haha would have love to seen that.

I really love that car and I have looked at it on the site a few times. How did it look with just the hub caps? I'm not sure if I have seen pics of it here with them or just the rally wheels. Its funny to think that the rally wheel was not standard by this time and they were still using wheel covers or hub caps.

Great looking Sat! I love it and would drive it like crazy.

Here are some pics before I bought it.
satelite1.jpg

satelite5.jpg

satelite8.jpg
satelite9.jpg

satelite6.jpg

satelite4.jpg

This is a 1974 Roadrunner, originally with a 318 2 barrel, dual exhaust (I believe 170hp), automatic on the floor, air conditioning and cruise control. back when i got it it actually got 20 miles per gallon.
Pictured, it has a 1969 340, "X" heads with 2.08 valves. a big tunnel ram, two stage nitrous system, big solid cam, and a 3800 stall and 30 tall tires in the back.
I have recently removed the nitrous and tunnel ram, and am now running a barry grant modified holley. The rear end is an 8 3/4 "A" body.
The interior is the Wimbledon style which is original down to the shag carpeting.
Driver side rear.jpgDriver side.jpgFront.jpginterior driver.jpgInterior pass.jpgDSC_0061.jpgDSC_0013.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back