• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973-1974 Roadrunner & GTX and Satellite Pic Thread

How much did you have to tub the wheel wells? I'd like some 18x12s or 17x11s.
I didn't tub it at all. All i did was move the springs in with the offset spring hangers. put an "A" body rear end in it (relocated the perches) and that was it. The tires are about 11 1/4" wide, 30" tall, the rime is 10".
the car is also lowered a couple of inches.

This is a 1974 Roadrunner, originally with a 318 2 barrel, dual exhaust (I believe 170hp), automatic on the floor, air conditioning and cruise control. back when i got it it actually got 20 miles per gallon.
Pictured, it has a 1969 340, "X" heads with 2.08 valves. a big tunnel ram, two stage nitrous system, big solid cam, and a 3800 stall and 30 tall tires in the back.
I have recently removed the nitrous and tunnel ram, and am now running a barry grant modified holley. The rear end is an 8 3/4 "A" body.
The interior is the Wimbledon style which is original down to the shag carpeting.
View attachment 91096View attachment 91097View attachment 91098View attachment 91099View attachment 91100View attachment 91101View attachment 91102

I think I have seen your car on youtube. Great looking Runner!

Great looking vehicles, all! I've always been a fan of the '71-'72s, but all these great pictures are helping me to see the light... your cars are awesome.

- A lowly Charger owner :)

1973 Road Runner

New guy here with a couple pictures of my 1973 Road Runner. Needs a little work still.

Mike 73 RR rear frame rails cleaned.jpg73 RR qt panel removed drivers rear.jpg

Great looking vehicles, all! I've always been a fan of the '71-'72s, but all these great pictures are helping me to see the light... your cars are awesome.

- A lowly Charger owner :)

I'm with you always loved the 71-72 cars and over the years I have really started to love the 73-74 cars even more now. I think I fell in love with an un-restored 73 Roadrunner in my local area and I think the car is a 400 car if I remember right.

We need a 73-74 Charger pic thread as well.

- - - Updated - - -

New guy here with a couple pictures of my 1973 Road Runner. Needs a little work still.

MikeView attachment 91165View attachment 91164

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell us the story behind your car and what is going on with it? That looks like an awesome project and a big big project at that.

Thanks for posting and thanks for saving another one!

Heres my '73. It ain't pretty, but its mine. Thats my Ford loving neighbor helping me move it.ddddd.jpg

Heres my '73. It ain't pretty, but its mine. Thats my Ford loving neighbor helping me move it.View attachment 91276

Great photo and it looks like a great project. What is the original color of the Roadrunner? I think they had two different yellows that year. The one I'm looking at to buy is a leighter shade of yellow like the one Daizy drove in the Dukes of Hazzard.

I really like that project and maybe it will change your neighbors mind on Fords lol.

Tell us more about the car give us some specs on it.

Its FY1 yellow, 318 auto, bench, nothing special. I think in '74 they changed the color to KY5 "yellow blaze". I traded a charger powerbulge hood for it and 2 other satellite parts cars and a ton of scrap metal, compressors, alternators, axles, heads, blocks, ect. After i scrapped all the junk that I didn't keep, I ended up with about $600, and bought me another (better) charger PB hood for $400!!!!! :hello2:

fy1.jpg

MikeView attachment 91165View attachment 91164

Alittle about my car. 1973 Road Runner 400 4 speed, white exterior with red stripe and white interior, bucket seats, no console or buddy seat,non A/C, power steering/brakes. I have the original transmission, but the 400 is sitting in a farmers ditch somewhere in Kansas. The engine was blown when the car was hit hard in the drivers side door and quarter panel. Sat outside for a long time, so that where the rust comes from. Was lucky to find the parts to rebuild it and I did find a real nice NOS quarter panel within 5 miles of my house. Its on the car now. Getting close to painting the interior/trunk/engine bay.

Mike

Alittle about my car. 1973 Road Runner 400 4 speed, white exterior with red stripe and white interior, bucket seats, no console or buddy seat,non A/C, power steering/brakes. I have the original transmission, but the 400 is sitting in a farmers ditch somewhere in Kansas. The engine was blown when the car was hit hard in the drivers side door and quarter panel. Sat outside for a long time, so that where the rust comes from. Was lucky to find the parts to rebuild it and I did find a real nice NOS quarter panel within 5 miles of my house. Its on the car now. Getting close to painting the interior/trunk/engine bay.

Mike

Mike that is awesome man and what an awesome color combo! I love the white with red stripes one of my favorite. How is the NOS quarter? That is great you found one and found it close to you. Post more pics when you can would love to see some as the car comes along.

Also awesome that you are saving a car most would pass on. I can't wait to see it done and more pics.

Currently in primer - paint this Spring :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mTcFdn7LhE

Great looking car and watchign the video for the second time. I can't wait to see it painted Sublime! What was the original color of the car? Also very cool that it is a 340 car. I would love to find one in my budget with a 340.

What did it look like with a vynal top on it?

I also dig those wheels and will be looking at those again as I watched the video. I'm going to tweet this vid as well to my followers. Great looking Runner man!

Details man I need some deatails on that awesome looking Roadrunner! I love the red stripes over a black body. Also wow what a difference it makes taking the bumper guards off. That is just one of those suttles things that makes a big big difference.

I love your car man, I love everyones cars. I almost broke down and called the guy with the 73 I'm getting close to just saying ok I'll take it.....Whats $500 bucks.....Parts money is what lol.

I will check out your youtube page as well.

Details man I need some deatails on that awesome looking Roadrunner!

she looks ok from a distance, not so sweet up close

picked up as a stalled project in gray primer and boxes

saved from being parted out

codes for ac, that color, buckets, console, etc.

bummer is 318
has nom
original rear end and 904

free wrong buckets, and rear seat and panels from 73 satellite for free
added spoiler

factory sunroof

bummer is 318

Not a problem! Mine once wore a slant-six and now has a 408 stroker. And my pop's old '70 Belvie had a ragged-out 318 that got replaced by a 426. Original engines are just a way to pull into the garage for a transplant. :D

Details man I need some deatails on that awesome looking Roadrunner!

she looks ok from a distance, not so sweet up close

picked up as a stalled project in gray primer and boxes

saved from being parted out

codes for ac, that color, buckets, console, etc.

bummer is 318
has nom
original rear end and 904

free wrong buckets, and rear seat and panels from 73 satellite for free
added spoiler

factory sunroof

Awesome! I dont think I have seen a factory sunroof Roadrunner would love to see more pics. I thought I found one a while back maybe on youtube but it was not a factory one.

Its a great looking Roadrunner!

- - - Updated - - -

Not a problem! Mine once wore a slant-six and now has a 408 stroker. And my pop's old '70 Belvie had a ragged-out 318 that got replaced by a 426. Original engines are just a way to pull into the garage for a transplant. :D

I agree and I like to know more about the 400 motors being turned into a stroker motor. If I buy this 73 Roadrunner I was thinking of going this route.

There is nothing wrong with a 318 car and if its original motor and you want to restore it back to factory leave it, if you want to have some fun put the motor on a stand and replace it and have some fun with the car.

The 73-74s have not picked up with the collectors as of yet and the parts people but thats ok it just means we can have some fun with these cars and drive them the way they were meant to be driven.

I'm thinking of going the way of replacing the 318 either with a Ray Barton race Hemi I found or a 440, 400, 360, 340 or a modern Hemi or Viper motor. I would restore the car back in all other ways but just do something a little different and have some fun for once. This car is not rare that I'm looking at.

My 74 Roadrunner.. Started out as a dark moonstone metallic brown stripe delete car, with a tan interior.. It is a 400 4-speed car.

It was painted Panther Pink, then Petty Blue before I got it. Now it has a 383, (original engine was long gone before I got it)
it has 3.91s in an 8-3/4 rear end, still has a 4 speed.. I painted it Vitamin-C Orange, it now has a black interior, I added roll down
rear 1/4 windows from a Satellite, added a fuel cell, 17" wheels, redid the interior, (recently adding new gauges, carbon fiber pistol grip,
and changing all woodgrain to black.. though I kept original bezels, gauges, etc) Under the hood I added aluminum heads, new cam,
edelbrock performer RPM intake, MSD ignition, etc, etc.. Anyway, I will let the photos tell the story

RRWH1.jpg

RRWH2.jpg

I need a new engine bay pic.. I replaced the master/booster, and swapped this fuel injection back to a carb recently

PJ3.jpg

Int.jpg

Trunk6.jpg

and a few when I got it

R2.jpg

R1.jpg

R3.jpg

RR4.jpg

R10.jpg

I'm sure you know this already, tattooedblue, but your car is amazing.

Auto Transport Service
Back