• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Burn Notice Charger - What do you think?

Another vote to keep the 440.

Spend that time/money/effort elsewhere on the build. Film cars aren't about the underhood, they're all about the exterior.

There is an engine shot, I'll dig it out and post it. They do not specify 318, 340, or 360. The 360 that I have was rebuilt with something like 1200 miles on it when pulled, so it is clean and ready to rock if I decide to go that route. Plus being an 89 I believe that makes it a roller motor. I have to get more pics I have had the car in storage since last March or so.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 273635

Small block, eddie carb, add-on electric fan, and AC

That looks pretty easy, edelbrock, AC, dual e-fans, blue valve covers with a mopar decal, I would do it like that exactly OR kep the 440, one or the other...

Loved the show, watched it from the get-go. Bruce Campbell fan, why I watched it from the beginning.
Loved Michaels' car, even though I knew they were gonna trash some of them during the course of the series.
Another vote for keeping the 440 here. Further, I'd keep the buckets and console, too.
Will be following along during your build. Good luck!

Very cool did go small block but that's just me I always run small blocks I like them better

Haha, yeah, that's it. Apparently that guy was trying to buy it the same time that I was. I bought it from the guy who bought it at the auction. They were apparently in over their heads and just wanted to dump it. The stupid part about it is that I contacted that guy to share some info and he was all secretive about what he was doing. He had gotten to the guy first and I probably would have given him the option to decide if he wanted it or not but he never said a word about it. The title issue is not a problem in PA just have to file a form and get it back on the books.

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to believe she is 53 with 3 kids! Wow

She looked a lot better when they started filming. Like most actresses over 40, she started to work out way too much and stripped all the fat off her body. Looked like a bag of bones by the 7th season. Hopefully she put a couple pounds back on.

Cool car!
How much effort would it be to change from big block to small block? Trans would be one thing.

Tommy, you might want to catch it in reruns, because from what I understand the Miami area has changed quite a bit since they started filming in 2007. Much in the way that the world of Miami Vice is gone forever, you could not recreate Burn Notice today if you wanted to. Their soundstages were in the old Coconut Grove convention center which is gone, as well as some of the locations for exterior shots.

Let me know if you find this one in the scrap yards. It was kept at the Expo center and then junked.
View attachment 273645
View attachment 273646

I remember seeing this particular car in the parking lot in front of the convention center on my way to city hall... Haven't seen it in the scrap yards though.

I vote to keep the 440.

Always,always stay original. For a number of reasons, monetary value not the least. It doesn't matter what it was referred to as, if it was a 440, better yet a 440 six pack, but whatever it was keep it that way.

I have to wonder what the source of these malicious rumors about the 8.25 come from. :) I ran one behind a 500 HP 440 for years without an issue. It's not as weak as a lot of people think.

I have to wonder what the source of these malicious rumors about the 8.25 come from. :) I ran one behind a 500 HP 440 for years without an issue. It's not as weak as a lot of people think.

I guess it depends on how you treat them.

It's been a while since this thread started, I opted for the roller 360 motor over the 440. I have a factory 340 intake that I will be using - nothing fancy.

It's hard to explain, but the sound of the big block thumping away does not fit with the on-screen persona of the car. I only ran the car for a few minutes to get it off the trailer and into the garage but I noticed right away that it felt off. I think the only time the show actually highlighted the exhaust note was in season 1, and it was a screaming small block.

I have tire/wheel sizes and ride height measurements off of the original hero car so the stance will be exactly right.

As best as I can tell, the car was picked up by the studio during season 5, and will be restored to that time frame. The two hero cars were updated for season 6/7 with a slightly different hood scoop - mine retained the boxy style. All of them were blind scoops and non-functional.

I am sure some people will tell me to not touch a thing and keep it exactly as it left the studio, and if it were in better condition that's exactly what I'd do with it. It's not much good to me as a paperweight though. I'll get it to a point where it can pass state inspection and go from there.

I think I am seeing a Hayden fan set on there?

burnnotices05e04hdtvxvid-fqm-0001.jpg

hda-3800_w.jpg

Just an update, it looks like there are two separate electric fans, not a pair. The one on the right is a Derale. That style came in a 10", 12", 13" and 16" The one on the left looks like it has different mounting tabs, might not be enough info in the photo to figure that one out.

der-16622_xl.jpg

I was never a fan of the 73-74 Chargers, until a friend of mine brought this one back to New England from California. I couldn't pass up a nearly rust fre example, so I bought it for a three season daily driver. After I tweaked it to my liking with a hidden headlight grille and 71 R / T taillights,a dual exhaust rear valence pan and machine gun tips, a 71 gull wing, a bulge hood, and 68 Charger side marker lights, I am happy with the results. The car is a nice driver. The Burn Notice car helped spark some interest into the third generation Chargers, and the black with white interior is cool. The six pack scoop works well on it too. Good luck with the car!
20180720_170020.jpg
20171102_074632.jpg
20171102_074610.jpg

I was never a fan of the 73-74 Chargers, until a friend of mine brought this one back to New England from California. I couldn't pass up a nearly rust fre example, so I bought it for a three season daily driver. After I tweaked it to my liking with a hidden headlight grille and 71 R / T taillights,a dual exhaust rear valence pan and machine gun tips, a 71 gull wing, a bulge hood, and 68 Charger side marker lights, I am happy with the results. The car is a nice driver. The Burn Notice car helped spark some interest into the third generation Chargers, and the black with white interior is cool. The six pack scoop works well on it too. Good luck with the car! View attachment 761691 View attachment 761695 View attachment 761701
nice 73! im from MA, if I ever see you around ill be sure to say hi!

Cool,I hope to see you around. I'm on the Mass R.I. line. I haven't had the car out yet this year,I'm having an electrical issue with it,that may or may not be caused by the alarm system the previous owner had installed in the car.

Right there with you, haven’t had mine out either...lost the keys at a bachelor party this past weekend.

Auto Transport Service
Back