• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Charger rear seat , take a look , is this right ?

fanucme

Local time
1:25 AM
Reaction score
I am relatively new here on this forum and also to the B bodies but not to building cars and Mopars , I picked up this 73 Charger a few months ago and have been getting into it recently. I scored some 15" ralleys with tires for 200$ and the tires hold air ! Soon I'll be able to lot drive it, I hope. While removing the destroyed interior I came across the rear seat was just sitting in there. it looks like it should just hook to the floor hooks like my A body Mopars but there seems to be something missing under the seat and there are gaps on both sides in the same area. The seat pattern matched the front seat so I really think it is original. What gives ?

Chargerbackseat.jpgChargbackseat.jpgMyChargerPSside.jpg

Nobody that's looked can tell me how your back seat bottom mounts in there ? C'mon guys !

these are the only pics i could find. it looks to me like you have the wrong seat bottom

100_3669-500.gif

100_3670-500.gif

My Charger is a SE Brougham , the seat covers are original and matched the bench ,they fit perfect when the inner panels were in there and clear the seat belt retractors on both sides. The seat bottom looks like the green interiors bottom and has the same recessed area , right there by the Peak antifreeze

anyone here thats taken the seat bottom out have an answer ?

I am betting there is a bracket or something missing

My Charger is a SE Brougham , the seat covers are original and matched the bench ,they fit perfect when the inner panels were in there and clear the seat belt retractors on both sides. The seat bottom looks like the green interiors bottom and has the same recessed area , right there by the Peak antifreeze

Yes it is missing I can't tell the other side. If you can wait for tomorrow I will get you a picture of what they look like.

MYChargerDRside.jpg

Great ! thanks for the reply , at least its figured out , All I have to go off is my Barracuda and its an A body variety.

Last edited:

it was kind of hard for me to tell. its been a while since ive had the back seat out of a 71-4 charger

Looks like the right seat but it isn't into the hook on the pass side or it is bent from being pulled on. The lower seat frame gets bent when some one doesn't know how they come out and just pulls up on it.

thanks for the help

In all the A bodies I've ever had the seat bottom just latched down to the floor hook. Simple to install and remove ,

Chargerseathook.jpg

Looks like the right seat but it isn't into the hook on the pass side or it is bent from being pulled on. The lower seat frame gets bent when some one doesn't know how they come out and just pulls up on it.

It looks like it is missing. I will get a picture tomorrow and post it up. My seat is already loose so it will be easy to get a pic of each side

There are 2 hooks welded to the floor that the wire frame of the seat goes into. Have to push down and back to release the seat.

- - - Updated - - -

Also check the part of the wire frame that goes into the hook. May be bent.

Attachments

• DCP_9667.jpg
    DCP_9667.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 358
There are 2 hooks welded to the floor that the wire frame of the seat goes into. Have to push down and back to release the seat.

- - - Updated - - -

Also check the part of the wire frame that goes into the hook. May be bent.

Xs2 Also the hook could be bent to where it would not hold the seat.

how about a pic of the seat , the floor hooks are there (i updated a pic above)

C'mon ! of all the things , it has to be a stupid seat latch ? Man , I must really seem dumb , too bad the car is 15 min away in a cold shop , I'll be in bed soon wondering what I missed, The wires under the seat must be bent or broke off

how about a pic of the seat , the floor hooks are there (i updated a pic above)

C'mon ! of all the things , it has to be a stupid seat latch ? Man , I must really seem dumb , too bad the car is 15 min away in a cold shop , I'll be in bed soon wondering what I missed, The wires under the seat must be bent or broke off

I know you are frustrated. My car is outside in the dark and I have to use my wheelchair to get to it. But I promise pictures. It does look like yours is there but bent.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at your picture near your hand there is a square wire to hook into the seat bracket.

They are not the greatest seat from the factory. They usually get bent from people pulling straight up on them. E-body seats are really bad.

I hate to say it but yours is missing here is the pictures of mine I took both sides

100_4334-500.gif

100_4335-500.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back