• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Dodge Charge Speedometer cable help

Texas charger 73

Local time
3:54 PM
Reaction score
i think my speedometer cable finally broke... i need a replacement and they offer like 3 different length.. i haven't pulled cable yet and would like to go ahead and order a new one...

car is a small block 904 with
grant.jpg
standard dash if that matters... i was told that the cable for the Rallye dash is different, but that could have been bad info too..

does anyone know the correct length or a part number?

I know this is not a direct answer to your question, but I recommend you remove it first, then take it to a local speedometer shop if you are lucky enough to have one nearby. When I had my cluster restored, the shop I went to informed me that they make custom speedo cables. The custom ones were heavy duty (coiled steel outer tube covered in heavy plastic, I think), and the authorized repo I purchased was lightweight plastic junk in comparison, and if I remember right the cost was only $20 over the repop.

Auto Transport Service
Back