• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 E-Body Seats in a 1970 B-Body

challenger_73

Local time
3:30 AM
Reaction score
All,
I have a 1970 Super Bee and was wondering if 1973 Challenger seats will fit. I know that the seats are not correct and the frames are different. This car is a retro-mod. I plan on having my upholstery guy make seat covers for the back and the front. Anyone know if the seat rail holes will match up? Are the seats the basically the same size width,Height etc?

challenger_73

I think the holes will line up if I remember correctly but the frame rails are much shorter and you will sit much lower in the car.

What if i swap out the frame rails? Are the frame rails what causes you to sit lower in the car? If so will the correct frame rails bolt right up to the 73 seats?

Seat tracks (poster is calling them frame rails) are available new but they are somewhat pricey.

The dimensions of the seat mounting holes for the tracks should be the same between the 1970 and 1973 seats.

1970 was a transition year and the floor boards changed from the steeply angled 66/67 style to be closer to the relatively flat 71-74 style.

Can't speak to 1970 (only?) seat tracks but there is a slight difference in height between 70-74 E and 71-74 B of about (IIRC) 3/8 inch less height on the E body.

Auto Transport Service
Back