• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Roadrunner-Colemans Project

This is a great thread... you have a lot more metal left on your car than I have on my '74 Satty... I'm like "ah, so THAT is what the quarter panels are supposed to look like..." :headbang: I'm in the process of taking out the floor also, it's great seeing pics of what that's going to look like.

I'm wondering if anybody has or knows someone with a parts car that might have some quarter panel sheet metal pieces we need...drivers side lower below the maker light and passenger side above and in front of the wheel well...heres the pictures of the areas--thanks in advance IMG_20150223_184645_172.jpgIMG_20150223_184735_216.jpg

Nice work so far. Good luck on the patch panels.i need the same for my 73, can't find them anymore. Gonna try and make them. Keep up the good work guys.

Im not sure of the place right off hand but i thought there is one place that sells, not the entire quarter skin but the lower part that you can weld in, ill check about it in case you cant find a doner part... If i remember right though, its just the lower patch we can buy...

Hi Ron that would be great! ... a new patch panel would be perfect. The passenger side that you see in the picture where it got hit is a tough one to try to work out the body lines so I'm hoping to find that too

Well we got back to work on the car tonight. started cutting out some bad spots on the firewall and making patches to weld in...hopefully we get that done soon. I have to say having to replace the floor pans open it up nice to get to the bad spots, plus it gives you the opportunity to really clean and prep the inner rockers, crossmember, frame rails ect...IMG_20150228_241634_178.jpgIMG_20150228_241807_994.jpg

Coleman is at work today so I decided to do some to his hotrod. I made a plastic booth in the garage to help contain the mess (he gets to help clean up lol) with 2 big fans pushing air under the car with the garage door open...we finally got a heat wave today...we hit 20 above...IMG_20150301_142754_078.jpgIMG_20150301_144545_771.jpgIMG_20150301_144609_962.jpgIMG_20150301_171422_566.jpg and been blasting on all the spots we couldnt get to

round and round she goes......... frame rails look good though. it shouldn't be too bad to straighten out.

Good morning! I'll tell you that rotisserie has proven to be priceless...when a friend of ours offered it to Coleman for 500 bucks I told him to get it and it sure has been a good tool for this project...he has done a good job fixing the frame rails and is really good with the welder...sure is a treat to watch him work on it for hours on end

great project. my first mopar was a green '73 340 4 speed road runner.

Hi Dave--this car was a 318 3 speed but he has a fresh 340 4speed to put in it (and have the original engine trans in storage)...my 1st car was '69 383 4speed car with the bench seat...loved that car!

when I had mine, the 340 was tired, but it still ran great. keep us updated on yours!

Its hard to beat the 383 and especially with the 4-speed behind it but you will have fun...

Hi Ron...are you about ready for this winter to be over? we got a few inches of snow today and almost out of firewood...but its supposed to hit 50 next week...for a day

yup shouldn't be to long! just another 400 hours... or so

Well we got a few more hours in on it today..until the leg broke of the pot blaster and tipped over breaking the brass fitting on the lower hose... so we took our cheater pipe and cut it up and and made a sturdy leg ...only about 397 more hours to go...lolIMG_20150307_173605_782 (1).jpgIMG_20150307_181319_013.jpgIMG_20150307_212006_245.jpg

My sand blasting pot leg broke as well. I welded on a new one too. keep up the work it will be ready for paint before you know it.

Auto Transport Service
Back