• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Radiator Help

Hubert

Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how many cores a 1974 Roadrunner have. My radiator # 3692934 which is the original radiator on my 318. Since i bought the car i installed vintage air on it runs pretty warm in the summer so looking to upgrade to a 3 core. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me how many cores a 1974 Roadrunner have. My radiator # 3692934 which is the original radiator on my 318. Since i bought the car i installed vintage air on it runs pretty warm in the summer so looking to upgrade to a 3 core. Thanks.
How large is the core support radiator opening? 22" since the car came without AC? I like the larger area 2 core ones since imo, they cool pretty dang well. The larger the tube, the better imo....

If the radiator is original you can bet it has some plugged tubes reducing its ability to cool properly. Myself I would get a replacement radiator. Do you have a shroud? If not you should.

Don't think they even make a 4 core aluminum rad but I bet anyone can guess which one here will do a better job.....

Copp_V_Alu..JPG

If you want to keep it original, call Bob at Glenn Ray. It won't be inexpensive, but you will not be disappointed in his quality and work. He's in Wausau, WI. Beware of aluminum radiators that should fit your application, quite often need modification.

How large is the core support radiator opening? 22" since the car came without AC? I like the larger area 2 core ones since imo, they cool pretty dang well. The larger the tube, the better imo....
Come to find out, it is only 19 inches. Yes the opening is 22 inches so i am investigating getting a 22 inch.

Do you have a good radiator shop nearby ? They can boil-out or recore your existing radiator. I'd bet that would cure the symptom.

Auto Transport Service
Back