• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 RoadRunner

Thanks for the comment! Yes remove all the parts underneath. Clips screws, lines etc... Everything. The scaler has a throat of about 6" so you can get into nearly everywhere on a mopar. If not use some aircraft remover abd a puddy knife. Scalers are supposed to be used for removing barnicals from boats. But i find it works amazing for removing undercoating

I will archive this info for that day when I get started. Thanks so much and will follow your restoration. Please continue to post lots of pics!

I to hope you post pics when your in gear with it.. You sure do some great work and the hard way! Good luck, although looks like your in good hands, yourself!

Thanks you guys again, i appriciate it! Wil get some more pics soon of the fab work on the qtr panel extensions. Once i button up the back half, ill be pulling the eng. And trans. Pics Pics Pics. Haha

Nothing special, just a side shot of the rear qtr

Attachments

• IMAG0599.jpg
    IMAG0599.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 644
Quater extensions done, my version.

Attachments

• IMAG0690.jpg
    IMAG0690.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 571
  • IMAG0691.jpg
    IMAG0691.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 595
  • IMAG0694.jpg
    IMAG0694.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 562
  • IMAG0695.jpg
    IMAG0695.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 600
wow man i gotta say this is lookin like alotta work...lookin good tho!!! im kinda glad i got mine when i did, my buddy thats teachin me all this stuff and helpin me with it, wouldnt have been to happy wit me if i drug this to him, Im keepin an eye on this build, good luk to ya!

Thanks for the cudos. Ya gotta work with what ya got up here in new england. I wanted to save this one, its a real big block 4spd car so.

Got my back glass, Nd installed it. Its tinted, but thats ok

Attachments

• IMAG0699.jpg
    IMAG0699.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 542
  • IMAG0700.jpg
    IMAG0700.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 580
Looking good... Thanks for update and pics...

Cleaned up and painted the rear valance

Attachments

• IMAG0716.jpg
    IMAG0716.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 509
  • IMAG0714.jpg
    IMAG0714.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 515
I dont typically bost about fender tag codes but i thought i would finally admit this car is a real U code GTX, D21 car. I think thTs a pritty awesome find for being in. Field for 18 yrs

Got the boat ancor out and removed some more undercoating

Attachments

• IMAG0030.jpg
    IMAG0030.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 511
  • IMAG0031.jpg
    IMAG0031.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 487
  • IMAG0038.jpg
    IMAG0038.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 486
I was going to say nice on the valance, mine was bad on one end, not real bad but i found out i couldn't get a repro, at least from Year One, thats when i found out about Stephens performance parts AND they wanted 250 bucks. I got to thinking it could be worse then mine being used also, so i fabed a end section and it was fine. But Thats cool you having the U code... CONGRADS on the GTX man!!! Valance still looks good though ;)

Thanks again ron. ill get back to you soon about the trans stuff. And as for the valance, mines the original one, no rust or rot. I just figured i would paint it since it was off to fix the inner quarterz. I forgwt the codes now, but for a GTX its optioned weird. One code was for Dual ext. W/O tips, and the next code was Chrome ext. Tips. Hummm weird

I never understood all the fender tag and different code and options, I do know you can get it deciphered over at my mopar.com, in there tools and reference section. i don't know if that can help you but thought id throw it in. Im sure there's some members here with them that could give advice.. Don't worry about the other, no problem here. Here is the page i told you about, hope this helps some. MIGHT be they could add something to what you already know..?..

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=31

Auto Transport Service
Back