• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 1/2 or 3 inch exhaust

I"ll be needing exhaust from the headers back soon. Still looking at the pro's and con's of both 3" and 2 1/2". I'm stuck between will a 3% reduction in HP (roughly) be worth it? My main question is does someone make the "machine gun" tips for a 3" exhaust for a 71 RR?

TIP-SL.jpg
I"ll be needing exhaust from the headers back soon. Still looking at the pro's and con's of both 3" and 2 1/2". I'm stuck between will a 3% reduction in HP (roughly) be worth it? My main question is does someone make the "machine gun" tips for a 3" exhaust for a 71 RR?
Like these?
http://www.accurateltd.com/B-body-Tips_c_117.html

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Category-Tips/ExhaustExtensions.htm#slo

I bought PYPES EVT89 Stainless Steel Tips for around $150 last year. Fit in the hangers fine on my 74 Charger but don't stick out much beyond the valence panel, maybe 1" or so. Would have liked them out a little further but great other than that.

I bought PYPES EVT89 Stainless Steel Tips for around $150 last year. Fit in the hangers fine on my 74 Charger but don't stick out much beyond the valence panel, maybe 1" or so. Would have liked them out a little further but great other than that.
Pictures?

They look a little better when I clean them up a bit, but here they are after a year. I put them in the stock exhaust mounts but would put them out a few more inches if I did it again. I didn't mention that a previous owner put a dual cut out valence panel on there, which I don't think was available stock on the 74's.

IMG_0469[1].JPG

Never heard of Pypes. Have a web site? Also, what are the overall length of those you have. Don't remember but they don't stick out that much from the valance panel

Thanks for the post but ran out of time looking for tips

Auto Transport Service
Back