• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2001 300m shift cable

hoover

Local time
10:51 AM
Reaction score
I am looking at a 300m. The owner says that the shift cable is bad and will not shift out of park.

Do any of you have experience with this?

There’s a tiny plastic piece that craps out, usually that’s all it needs.

Speaking as a former owner of a 2000 LHS, that cable is extremely hard if not impossible to find easily. IMHO LH parts in general are becoming scarce and can be pricey.

They were great riding and comfortable cars in their time, a real bitch to work on at times.

www dodgeintrepid.net is a great website for LH cars and is pretty active.

On the shifter, just below the bezel (assuming this is a console shifted car).

The car was very nice so i bought it.
Now to hit all the local junkyards.

I will make it work somehow

I had a 1999 LHS that was my commute car for years. I put over 300K miles on it but I do remember the console shifter giving me trouble with being hard to change gears. I was able to get a New cable from the dealer at the time. Pretty easy to change out as I recall.

Now they're hard to come by... I still get inquiries if I still have mine for sale 2 years later! Unfortunately, I cannot edit the ad to mark it sold. That cable is now worth more than the car it goes to!
The current owner of my old 2000 LHS is still driving it. My buddy put a steering rack, water pump and timing chain in it recently. All "fun" jobs lol.

I gave up looking for one.
The guy at the local napa helped me find a similar cable.
Some lathe work and a couple hose clamps later, t works

Auto Transport Service
Back