• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2015 5th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - Are You Ready To Make Your Picks???

I FF through it, so I'm missing some of the news, I guess. I did see that Allen Johnson lost the Mopar sponsorship. That sucks. They said he'll be back next year if he gets a sponsor. Otherwise, not. I wonder if he'll still run a Dodge. I would think so because Roy goes back forever with Mopars.

Fox must be sticking with Reiff? No mention of a farewell for him. If so, I'm surprised. I thought they'd clean house. Something needs to change to rekindle my interest - which has been sharply dropping off the past 2 years.

Congrats to 'cuda20' (FABO) for winning the NHRA Finals Top Qualifier title with an almost perfect total of 31.0 bonus points. He picked the #1 qualifier in both Top Fuel and Pro Stock Motorcycle and the #2 qualifier in both Funny Car and Pro Stock Motorcycle.
'Budnicks' (FBBO) and '6pk2goDemon' shared the runner-up spot with 30.5 bonus points each.
Outstanding picks!

20 active players for the final event of the 2015 season and 19 different driver combos picked this week made up of:
* 6 different Top Fuel drivers. One Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #7 qualifier Tony Schumacher (4 picks) and #10 qualifier Doug Kalitta (2 picks). One possible head-to-head matchup in Round 2 of eliminations.
* 7 different Funny Car drivers. No Round 1 head-to-head matchups but the possibility of three head-to-head matchups in Round 2 of eliminations.
* 6 different Pro Stock drivers picked this week. One Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #6 qualifier Jonathan Gray (1 pick) and #11 qualifier Allen Johnson (2 picks) and one possibility of a 2nd Round head-to-head matchup.
* 6 different Pro Stock Motorcycle riders picked with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups, but possibly three head-to-head matchups in Round 2 of eliminations.

Yee Ha !! Yea Me...LOL

I hope they race well too, actually go rounds....

I liked seeing Ron Capps step up the last round of qualifying,
{even IF I picked Del Worsham, I need the points}
Ron a Calif. guy born & raised SoCal, He's my favorite F/C driver,
it's just too bad he can't win a championship, been so close so many times too...

Way to go Bud!
Bummed, didn't get to see any of it. Busy farming and too poor to have DVR. LOL

Nice job, Bud! So who won this thing?

Not sure who won, I was 66.5 pts back, in 3rd
so unless the 2 people above me our own FBBO's GPuller was in 1st
FABO's 71dartswinger was 49 pts ahead of me in 2nd

I may have got 2nd,
I don't know who 71dartswinger's picks even were,
I'm not sure if I could have passes Gpuller, kind of doubtful
he picked Hines & I picked Savoie in P/SM, a few qualif. points there
BUT we picked the rest the same
I think unless I got some small points that he didn't, doubtful thou,
I'd think Gpuller should be the winner...

I'm sitting on pins & needles, waiting
but pretty much think it's a done deal...

I'm sure ocdart will update it/us soon..

- - - Updated - - -

Nice job, Bud! So who won this thing?

...FBBO...

I enjoyed this ...although my fandom in picking Hagan to win pretty much every race killed me after mid season when he crapped himself

I enjoyed this ...although my fandom in picking Hagan to win pretty much every race killed me after mid season when he crapped himself

I know what you mean Nick
I think my loyalty to people/racers/brands even, I actually like, dislike &/or know,
makes me pick poorly at times too, I always learn too late into the season "unfortunately"
don't go with any sentimental picks or pick with my heart...
It doesn't work, go with who's running well at that moment,
even that has it's flaws too...
It's all a gamble plain & simple,
some of my crap shoots/long shots picks "actually" work, but most don't too...

There's always next year & hopefully the TV coverage
will be far superior than the last 25 or so years,
with constant preemptions to especially the stick & ball sports,
even poker, then there's the damn chick sports, X-Game BS...
Moving televised times way back, early morning, must really suck back east or Midwest...
I hope it's a little more like Diamond P Sports/TNN {ol' The Nashville Network}
it was pretty good format & the new FoxSports1 will have allot more live coverage...

Hey guys, I'll get the totals up ASAP.
Yesterday was our wedding anniversary so you know why I didn't get them done then - gotta keep momma happy and working on "car stuff" wouldn't have been the smartest thing I ever did.
Got some friends coming over tonight.
I will get them done and posted soon...

We can wait, you have much more pressing things to attend too...
Thanks again by the way, I know it's allot of work for all US...

Enjoy your friends & day after your anniversary...

see ya'

OK!
Are you ready?
Are you sure you're ready?

Here are the final 2015 NHRA "Pick 'Em" game results and point standings after completion of the NHRA Finals at Auto Club Raceway at the Fairplex in Pomona:

Congratulations to 'memike' (FABO) for being the top picker this week with an outstanding point total of 162.0 points. He picked the class winners in both Funny Car and Pro Stock Motorcycle, his Top Fuel pick went to the final round of eliminations before losing, and his Pro Stock pick went to the semi-finals before losing. His point total was helped only with E.T bonus points in Top Fuel.
'71dartswinger' (FABO) was the event runner-up with a great point totals of 151.5 points. He picked the class winner in Pro Stock Motorcycle, his Top Fuel pick went to the final round but lost there, his Pro Stock pick lost in the third round of eliminations, and his Funny Car pick lost in the second round. He was helped with E.T. bonus points in Top Fuel and Speed bonus points and a new National Speed Record bonus points in Funny Car.
'Gpuller' was the top FBBO picker with 143.5 points.
Great picking all!

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Antron Brown, 3.700 during Round 3 of eliminations
Speed - Shawn Langdon, 332.43 while winning the class during the final round of eliminations

Funny Car
E.T. - Jack Beckman, a new National E.T. Record of 3.884 during Round 2 of eliminations Speed - Matt Hagan, a new National Speed Record of 331.45 during Round 1 of eliminations

Pro Stock
E.T. - Greg Anderson, 6.490 during qualifying
Speed - Drew Skillman, 213.84 during qualifying

Pro Stock Motorcycle
E.T. - Jerry Savoie, 6.803 during qualifying
Speed - Hector Arana Jr., 197.59 during qualifying

CONGRATULATIONS to 'Gpuller' (FBBO) for winning the 2015 NHRA "Pick 'Em" game!

Here are the final game point standings:
2729.5 - Gpuller (FBBO) no change
2720.0 - 71dartswinger (FABO) no change
2660.0 - Budnicks (FBBO) no change
2641.0 - memike (FABO) +2
2627.5 - Duster79 (FABO) no change
2617.5 - OldmanRick (FABO) -2
2570.0 - alsant (FBBO) +1
2570.0 - 6pk2goDemon (FABO) +1
2565.5 - ocdart (FABO) -2
2530.5 - IEduster (FABO) no change
2496.0 - Back in Time (FABO) no change
2442.0 - cuda20 (FABO) +1
2405.0 - Nick2317 (FABO) +1
2404.5 - stroked340 (FABO) +2
2394.0 - 67cudafb (FABO) -3
2356.5 - SSG Karg (FABO) +1
2356.0 - 64BEL (FBBO) -2
2275.5 - johnnycuda (FABO) no change
2216.5 - tqfastfish (FABO) no change
2180.5 - socaldart (FABO) no change

Here's the final class leaders:

Top Fuel
700.0 - 71dartswinger (FABO)
667.0 - tqfastfish (FABO)
645.0 - 6pk2goDemon (FABO)

Funny Car
666.5 - Duster79 (FABO)
664.5 - Back in Time (FABO)
656.0 - Gpuller (FBBO)

Pro Stock
759.5 - OldmanRick (FABO)
733.5 - 6pk2goDemon (FABO)
667.5 - memike (FABO)

Pro Stock Motorcycle
488.5 - 71dartswinger (FABO)
477.5 - Gpuller (FBBO)
465.5 - stroked340 (FABO)

So now we have 3 months to rest up and get more done on our Mopars each weekend.
The 2016 NHRA season kicks off with the Circle K NHRA Winternationals, Feb. 11-14, right back at Auto Club Raceway at The Fairplex in Pomona, CA.
I've already got my ticket for Friday qualifying and I'm more than ready for that first "nitro fix" of 2016.
See you there!
Watch for the 2016 game notice post sometime in January.

Happy Holidays all!

Thanks again for all of your work, oc!

CONGRATS GP!!!! Way to bring it home for FBBO!:hello2::blob1:

CONGRATS also to Bud and alsant!:headbang: 3 of the top 7 - nice work!!

It's been fun playing with all of you again this year.

Thanks guys!
Thanks to ocdart for all he does in this game. It sure makes the season enjoyable!
Congrats to all that have finished!
Luckily my sponsors have stepped up for the 2016 season so I'll be back to defend my title. LOL

Congrats guys & especially GPuller for the championship win

Auto Transport Service
Back