• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2015 5th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - Are You Ready To Make Your Picks???

ocdart

Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
Are you ready for some nitro?
Pro qualifying for the 2015 NHRA Mello Yello Series gets underway on Friday, February 6. I'm sure ready for my next nitro fix.
It's time for the "official" 2015 NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game thread to get started. We grew with new players last year. I hope we grow with even more players again this year.

It's not broke, so no reason to change the rules. Here they are for any new players. Returning players should check them out also just as a reminder.

Rules for the 5th Annual FABO NHRA Pick 'Em for 2015.
Your picks must be posted to this thread no later than the scheduled start of Pro qualifying on the Friday of the event in order to be eligible for all bonus points awarded during the event. No exceptions. For the WinterNationals, this is Friday, February 6th, 12:30PM PST (3:30PM EST).

Classes:
* Top Fuel
* Funny Car
* Pro Stock
* Pro Stock Motorcycle
* Highest total point accumulation from all classes at the end of the season is the winner
* Pick one driver/car per each class for each National Event

You must post your picks to FABO no later than the scheduled start of Pro qualifying on Friday of the event weekend. Picks posted after the scheduled start of Pro qualifying on Friday will not be eligible for any bonus points awarded during the event; picks posted after the scheduled start of Pro qualifying on Friday will only earn points for Sunday race elimination rounds.
You can also "lock" your picks in for the entire season if you wish. Just post that you want them "locked". You can always "unlock" them to make a change by posting your changes in this thread. Your revised picks will then be "locked" until you make future changes.

Since all of us get busy from time to time, our computers may break down, or we just forget to post our picks. So, in an effort to keep everyone in the game for the "regular season", if you don't get your picks posted before the first round of Pro Qualifying for any "regular season" race after the Winternationals I will use your picks from the previous race event. That's the benefit - you will be guaranteed to have picks for elimination rounds. The penalty is, your picks will not be eligible for event bonus points.
As said before, you still have the option of "locking in" your picks for the entire season if you think you may have trouble getting your picks posted sometime during the season.
Your picks will be eligible for event bonus points if you "lock" them in, but not if you just forget to post them or can't post event picks for whatever reason.
This "pick carry over" feature is only in effect for the "regular season". It will not be in effect for the six-event "Countdown to the Championship" at the end of the season.

You can review the event class entry list and the event schedule on www.nhra.com. Make sure you take into account the time difference between the event location and where you are so you get your picks posted on time.

* 10 points awarded for each round won during final eliminations (40 points max. per event)

* Bonus Points:
Bonus points awarded each event based on your selected drivers final qualification position as determined by NHRA
# 1 Qualifier = 8 points
# 2 Qualifier = 7.5 points
# 3 Qualifier = 7 points
# 4 Qualifier = 6.5 points
# 5 Qualifier = 6 points
# 6 Qualifier = 5.5 points
# 7 Qualifier = 5 points
# 8 Qualifier = 4.5 points
# 9 Qualifier = 4 points
#10 Qualifier = 3.5 points
#11 Qualifier = 3 points
#12 Qualifier = 2.5 points
#13 Qualifier = 2 points
#14 Qualifier = 1.5 points
#15 Qualifier = 1 point
#16 Qualifier = 0.5 point

5 Bonus Points awarded per class to the driver posting the quickest elapsed time or fastest speed per event during either qualifying or eliminations

15 Bonus Points awarded per class to any driver establishing a new national record elapsed time or speed during an event (must be backed up per NHRA rules)

Each professional class has an 88-point potential per event if your selected driver qualifies in the #1 position, wins the event, has the quickest elapsed time and fastest speed, and sets both ends of the national record for the class during the event. 352 points max. per event with all four professional classes; 264 points max. per event that do not include Pro Stock Motorcycle.

If your selected driver fails to qualify for an event, you receive 0 points for that class.

Like prior years, there will be special rules regarding round-win points for the 4-Wide Nationals at Z-Max Dragway in Charlotte, NC, March 27-19. I will post up the special rules prior to that event.
Also like prior years, the points will be re-set following the U.S. Nationals on Labor Day weekend, prior to the start of the 6-event "Countdown to the Championship".

So post up your picks on this thread. Here we go. Light 'em and let's burn some nitro!

Thanks, oc. I'll play again this year.

Oh OK...if you guys are playing...LOL

How about the Al Anabi team? Too bad that there will be 2 less cars in the field.

1st race Pomona Winter Nationals Feb 5th-8th

you gotta' know I'm in too...

thanks for all the time & work ocdart

they may jump in when the game starts in Feb.

Too bad we can't get more guys involved. After reading the Bye-Bye Alnabi thread started by ocdart, a lot of people have given up on NHRA. :sad8:

Well, John Force made it official today. John, Courtney and Robert Hight will be in Chevy Camaro-bodied Funny Cars for the 2015 NHRA season and beyond.
And Brittany will have a gold bowtie on the sides of her Top Fuel dragster.
So, this means the money is Chevy but the power and performance is all Mopar HEMI-based.
Gee, John called the engines in his Mustang-bodied Funny Cars Boss 500s - are the Camaro-bodied Funny Cars going to powered by "Rat 500s"?
LOL
We all know what the true basis of nitro power is in both Top Fuel and Funny Car.

I kind of figured he'd go back to GM/Camaro gotta' go where the sponsor $$$ are, he had roots there,
he'll get Steve's Chevy out of Oakdale back now probably too...

he'll be running a 500 Chemi...LOL

- - - Updated - - -

I wish they were with Mopar,
but unfortunately that's DSR now in the Fuel classes

money talks,
he's still one of my all time favorites, even in a Cheby :headbang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdvYm9SxkVc

Whoa, whoa whoa Robert..."GM won every year in NASCAR" HUH??

That clip wasn't all that polished for one of the 2 biggest operations in drag racing. I'm glad to see they went with Chevy rather than Toyota or Hundai, though.

I guess they'll be running those legendary Chevy Hemis now, too - huh? Just like the "Boss 500" engines they were running.:icon_lol:

OK all, time to start posting your picks. Pro Qualifying at the 55th annual NHRA Winternationals in Pomona starts at 3:30PM EST (12:30PM PST) next Friday, February 6th.
Your picks must be posted to this game thread before the start of Pro Qualifying. Only Top Fuel, Funny Car and Pro Stock for the Winternationals. Pro Stock Motorcycle doesn't start until the Gatornationals in March.
Check to verify your pick is racing at the Winternationals, and check to verify the class as there has been at least one driver that changed class since last season.
You can find the current Winternationals entry list at
http://www.nhra.com/events/entrylist01.aspx

Good Luck!

It's Back...LOL

Thanks for the reminder, oc. I didn't realize it was coming up so fast. I'm going to pick right now.

TF Langdon
FC Hagan
PS Allen Johnson

I have a feeling Alan Johnson might make a statement out of the box in TF.
In Pro Stock, most of the entries are Canaries. Only 3 Mopes. Go AJ!

Good luck everyone!

T/F Langdon
{I'm with ya 64BEL AJR is going to try to rotate the world in Pomona}

F/C John Force
{I think he wants to make a statement at his home track}

P/S Erica Enders-Stevens
{I wanted to go with AJ or Jeggy, to be loyal, but figured Erica will come out strong}
I stubbornly didn't go with her last year & it hurt me in all the little points too, still don't like he thou...

good luck guys/gals

No Jeggy in Pro Stock this year, Budnicks. His wife just had a baby so Jegs on 'diaper duty'.
He said last year he was going to concentrate on family and the family business in 2015. We can only hope he comes back out in the future.

Ok, early picks are
Antron
Miss piggy I mean enders
Hagan

- - - Updated - - -

No bikes to start, correct?

Auto Transport Service
Back