• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2015 5th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - Are You Ready To Make Your Picks???

My picks:

TF: Antron Brown
FC: Jack Beckman
PS: Allen Johnson
PSM: Chip Ellis

Good luck all!

Vegas Picks

T/F Antron Brown

F/C Del Worsham

P/S Erica "Miss Piggy" Enders-Stevens {holding my nose}

P/SM Jerry "Gator" Savoie

2 Toyotas {albeit Mopar style Hemi Powerplants}
a Camaro & a Suzuki...LOL

good luck everyone, don't roll a snake-eyes

Mike Dunn will not be in the broadcast booth in 2016

STUPID MOVE BY NHRA!

I saw an announcement on competitionplus.com that Mike Dunn has been told that NHRA wants to go in a different direction with their event telecasts next year and he won't be returning to the broadcast booth in 2016.
IMO, Mike is the best part of the current broadcast team. I was hoping they would replace Dave Rieff as I'm not a fan of his style of broadcasting.
Mike's experience, knowledge and honesty have been highlights of the television broadcasts for years.

STUPID MOVE BY NHRA!

STUPID MOVE BY NHRA!

I saw an announcement on competitionplus.com that Mike Dunn has been told that NHRA wants to go in a different direction with their event telecasts next year and he won't be returning to the broadcast booth in 2016.
IMO, Mike is the best part of the current broadcast team. I was hoping they would replace Dave Rieff as I'm not a fan of his style of broadcasting.
Mike's experience, knowledge and honesty have been highlights of the television broadcasts for years.

STUPID MOVE BY NHRA!

Yep I like Mike Dunn, since his days with Joe Pisano,
his dad's Jim Dunn's Fireman Quicky F/C too
he was the best part of the broadcast sometimes...

NHRA is all f'ed up now,
the new broadcasting on FOX & FS1 next season may be better,
lets hope, cross our fingers, because it can't get much worse ?, can it ?
well maybe until now...LOL

Agreed, Bud and oc. I would think Rieff will be history if Dunn is. Dunn is clearly the one to keep if they were to keep one of them. They're probably going to clean house.

I don't suppose he'd try to get back behind the wheel at this point, would he?

I'm bummed to see Mike leave too. People talk bad about Dave Rieff too, but I like him too.

Agreed, Bud
I don't suppose he'd try to get back behind the wheel at this point, would he?

He's only 54-55 y/o, he could be a great addition to a team,
he' been around the sport since he was in diapers...
Albeit he hasn't driven competitively in years now...
He's in great shape avid bike rider & gym rat...

I'd like to see him in his fathers Jim Dunn's F/C's again, maybe a 2 car team even,
Bring back Gary Scelzi to be his team mate...
Maybe get Pisano's old co.'s, JP1, Venolia & Childs & Albert back on board too,
Bring back the Bitchin' Green & Black
Brute Force car paint/sponsorship scheme too...LOL
{fat chance there}
That'd be freaken' awesome thou...

Just got my computer back today if its too late to make my picks that's ok but if I can still they are

TF-- Tony Schumacher
FC-- matt Hagan
PS-- Greg Anderson
PSM-- Eddie Krawiec

The-Strip-LVMS-4C.jpg

NHRA Las Vegas Nationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 75F, 25% relative humidity, barometer 27.88", adjusted altitude 3830', track temp 92F

TF: Shawn Langdon, 3.788; Larry Dixon @ 324.75
FC: Tommy Johnson Jr., 3.967; Robert Hight @ 322.81
PS: Erica Enders-Stevens, 6.579 @ 209.10
PSM: Jerry Savoie, 6.928 @ 192.38

Q2
Weather: 78F, 23% relative humidity, barometer 27.80", adjusted altitude 4106', track temp 90F

TF: Antron Brown, 3.722; Shawn Langdon @ 332.67
FC: Tommy Johnson Jr., 3.931; Courtney Force @ 325.77
PS: Erica Enders-Stevens, 6.559 @ 210.28
PSM: Jerry Savoie, 6.876 @ 194.21

Q3
Weather: 78F, 30% relative humidity, barometer 27.99", adjusted altitude 3969', track temp 102F

FC: Tommy Johnson Jr., 3.931; Courtney Force @ 325.77
PSM: Jerry Savoie, 6.852 @ 196.02

Q4
Weather: 82F, 27% relative humidity, barometer 27.91", adjusted altitude 4343', track temp 105F

FC: Tommy Johnson Jr., 3.931; Dell Worsham @ 325.92
PSM: Jerry Savoie, 6.852 @ 196.02

Last edited:
Congrats to 'Gpuller' (FBBO) for winning the Top Qualifier title with an outstanding total of 30.5 bonus points. He picked #1 qualifier in Top Fuel, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle, and the #4 qualifier in Funny Car.
'alsant' (FBBO) took the runner-up spot with 30.0 bonus points.
'ocdart' and 'cuda20' were the top FBBO qualifiers with 28.5 points
Great picks!

18 active players this week and 17 different driver combos this week made up of:
* 4 different Top Fuel drivers. No Round 1 head-to-head matchups, but the possibility of one head-to-head matchup in Round 2 of eliminations.
* 4 different Funny Car drivers. One Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #6 qualifier Del Worsham (3 picks) and #11 qualifier Matt Hagan (3 picks). No one head-to-head matchup possiblilities in Round 2 of eliminations.
* 3 different Pro Stock drivers picked this week. No Round 1 head-to-head matchups, but the possibility of a 2nd Round matchup.
* 5 different Pro Stock Motorcycle riders picked with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups, but possibly two head-to-head matchups in Round 2 of eliminations.

I'm bummed to see Mike leave too. People talk bad about Dave Rieff too, but I like him too.

Rieff is a nice guy for sure, but he was much better in the reporter role than the play by play man, in my opinion. I still think Marty Reid was the best play by play man in the ESPN era. Of course, Steve Evans and Dave Mac from the Diamond P days were the best of all of them - again, in my opinion.

BTW - Nice picking this week, GP!

Good job on qualifiers
aslant, Gpuller & ocdart

No Points updates ??

ocdart must be really busy...

I'm still hundreds of points behind either way,
he usually is right on top of the stuff...

it was/is just an observation

He'll get to it soon, I'm sure...

- - - Updated - - -

I hear ya Bud...suspense is killing me. LOL

me too...LOL

Congrats to 'Gpuller' (FBBO) for winning the Top Qualifier title with an outstanding total of 30.5 bonus points. He picked the #1 qualifier Top Fuel, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle, and the #4 qualifier in Funny Car.
'alsant' (FBBO) took the runner-up spot with 30.0 bonus points.
'ocdart' and 'cuda20' were the top FABO qualifiers, each with 28.5 points
Great picks!

18 active players this week and 17 different driver combos this week made up of:
* 4 different Top Fuel drivers. No Round 1 head-to-head matchups, but a possibility of one head-to-head matchup in Round 2 of eliminations.
* 5 different Funny Car drivers. One Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #6 qualifier Del Worsham (3 picks) and #11 qualifier Matt Hagan (3 picks). Also the possibility of one head-to-head matchup in Round 2 of eliminations.
* 4 different Pro Stock drivers picked this week. No Round 1 head-to-head matchups, but one possibility of a 2nd Round matchup.
* 5 different Pro Stock Motorcycle riders picked with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups, but possibly two head-to-head matchups in Round 2 of eliminations.

Here are the results and point standings after the fifth race of the "countdown" following completion of the Toyota Nationals at The Strip in Las Vegas:

Congratulations to 'Budnicks' (FBBO) for being the top picker this week with a great point total of 159.5 points. He picked the class winner in Pro Stock, his Pro Stock Motorcycle went to the final round of eliminations before losing, his Top Fuel pick went to the semi-finals before losing and his Funny Car pick lost in the second round of eliminations. His point total was helped with both Speed and E.T. bonus points in Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle, E.T. bonus points in Top Fuel and Speed bonus points in Funny Car.
'Gpuller' (FBBO) was the event runner-up with an almost equally great point totals of 155.5 points. His picks finished exactly the same as 'Budnicks' even though they had different Funny Car picks. He was also helped with both E.T., and Speed bonus points in Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle, and E.T. bonus points in Top Fuel.
'memike' and '6pc2goDemon' were the top FABO pickers with 128.0 points each.
Great picking all!

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Antron Brown, 3.722 during qualifying
Speed - Shawn Langdon, 332.67 during qualifying

Funny Car
E.T. - Tommy Johnson Jr., 3.931 during qualifying
Speed - Del Worsham, 328.92 during qualifying

Pro Stock
E.T. - Erica Enders-Stevens, 6.559 during qualifying
Speed - Erica Enders-Stevens, 210.28 during qualifying

Pro Stock Motorcycle
E.T. - Jerry Savoie, 6.852 during qualifying
Speed - Jerry Savoie, 196.02 during qualifying

Here are the game point standings with only 1 event left in the 2015 season:

2586.0 - Gpuller (FBBO) +2
2568.5 - 71dartswinger (FABO) no change
2519.5 - Budnicks (FBBO) +4
2517.0 - OldmanRick (FABO) -3
2503.0 - Duster79 (FABO) +1
2479.0 - memike (FABO) +2
2462.0 - ocdart (FABO) +2
2451.5 - alsant (FBBO) -3
2529.5 - 6pk2goDemon (FABO) +2
2429.0 - IEduster (FABO) -6
2401.0 - Back in Time (FABO) -1
2313.5 - 67cudafb (FABO) +1
2301.0 - cuda20 (FABO) +2
2286.0 - Nick2317 (FBBO) -2
2276.0 - 64BEL (FBBO) -1
2274.5 - stroked340 (FABO) no change
2250.0 - SSG Karg (FABO) no change
2164.5 - johnnycuda (FABO) +1
2134.5 - tqfastfish (FABO) -1
2038.0 - socaldart (FABO) no change

A week off to rest up before the final of the 2015 season, the 51st annual Auto Club NHRA Finals, November 12-15, at Auto Club Raceway at The Fairplex in Pomona, CA.
As always, your picks need to be posted before Pro Qualifying starts on Friday, November 13 in order to qualify for all event bonus points. Pro qualifying is scheduled to start at 3:00PM EST (12:00 Noon PST) and I'll have my butt parked in the stands watching and getting my final dose of nitro for the year!
The Auto Club Finals entry list is posted on NHRA.com and currently shows 20 Top Fuel, 21 Funny Car, 17 Pro Stock and 28 Pro Stock Motorcycle entries. As always, the class counts are subject to change.
PLEASE keep checking http://www.nhra.com/events/entrylist24.aspx for an updated entry list.

Get your picks posted and GOOD LUCK!

Whoa! I like to see that.

See what happens Bud if you pick Erica Enders? LOL Congrats on the big jump!

Auto Transport Service
Back