• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 8th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - Time For Your NITRO Fix! Here We Go Again!!!

There's going to be a slight delay in posting game results following Sonoma. The results shown on NHRA.com don't agree with the qualification ladder. I checked competitionplus.com and they show different results.
I'll post results as soon as I can verify the correct round-by-round winners.
Sorry.
If anyone finds the correct results please let me know.

Update (07/30/18) - I'm recording a replay of the race broadcast tonight and will check it for the correct results.

Last edited:
Here's your 1-day late "Tuesday-before-the-event" reminder for the "Kitty Litter" NHRA Northwest Nationals that starts Friday, August 3rd.
The entry list currently shows:
16 Top Fuel
18 Funny Car
16 Pro Stock

The extended weather forecast calls for a high temp of 70F on Friday with a 50%-70% chance of light rain from 1:00AM through 1:00PM, 72F on Saturday and 76F on Sunday.

Get your picks posted and cross your fingers we get all of qualifying and the rest of this event in on schedule!

NOTE: I recorded the TV replay from the Sonoma Nationals but haven't yet had time to go through it all and verify results. Work has been horrendous so far this week with personnel out that's required some extra hours. And today is my wife's birthday so I better not be spending time on drag racing - if I know what's good for me. LOL.
But I will have results from the Sonoma Nationals posted before the Northwest Nationals starts up on Friday.

Ill go with

TF Steve Torrence
FC Matt Hagan
PS Greg Anderson

Kitty Litter Nats

T/F Steve Torrence

F/C Ron Capps

P/S Greg Anderson

Throwing the dice on a hunch again

Good Luck everyone

First, after getting the results straight after watching the TV coverage replay, there were some changes in the qualifying results. I corrected the post with the qualifying results.

Here are the results and point standings following completion of the Toyota Sonoma Nationals, the 15th event of the 2018 NHRA season and the second of three consecutive weekends of racing on the Western Swing.

Congratulations to game leader 'stroked340' (FABO) for winning the "Top Picker Eliminator" title with a point total of 119.0. His Funny Car pick lost in the final round of eliminations, his Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle picks both lost in the semi-finals, and his Top Fuel pick lost in the second round of eliminations. He was helped with ET bonus points in Pro Stock Motorcycle and Speed bonus points in Pro Stock.
'Duster79' (FABO) was the event runner-up with 115.0 points.
'Budnicks' was the highest scoring FBBO player again this week with 106.0 points.

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Clay Millican, 3.697 during Round 1 of eliminations
Speed - Tony Schumacher, 330.88 during Round 1 of eliminations

Funny Car
E.T. - Courtney Force, 3.910 during qualifying
Speed - Courtney Force, 326.16 during qualifying

Pro Stock
E.T. - Jason Line, 6.505 during Round 1 of eliminations
Speed - Greg Anderson, 212.43 while losing during the semi-final round of eliminations

Pro Stock Motorcycle
E.T. - Eddie Krawiec, 6.757 during qualifying
Speed - Hector Arana Jr.. 200.35 during Round 1 of eliminations

Here are the game point standings after the 15th event of the 2018 season:
1298.0 - stroked340 (FABO) no position change in the game standings
1239.0 - Duster79 (FABO) +1
1227.0 - SSG Karg (FABO) -1
1226.5 - cuda20 (FABO) +1
1197.0 - Budnicks (FBBO) +1
1187.0 - Back in Time (FABO) -2
1170.5 - johnnycuda (FABO) no change
1165.0 - aslant (FBBO) +1
1164.0 - Nick2317 (FBBO) -1
1097.5 - ocdart (FABO) no change
1094.5 - 71dartswinger (FABO) +1
1079.5 - memike (FABO) +1
1059.5 - super-bee_ski (FBBO) -2

848.5 - 64BEL (FBBO) no change

Still no rest! The last of three (3) consecutive weekends of racing and a bunch of highway miles for the race teams.
The 16th race of the season, the 31st annual CatSpot NHRA Northwest Nationals is August 3-5, at Pacific Raceways in Kent, Washington.
As always, your picks need to be posted before Pro Qualifying starts on Friday, August 3 in order to qualify for all event bonus points. Pro qualifying is scheduled to start at 6:30PM EDT (3:30PM PDT).
The Northwest Nationals entry list is posted on NHRA.com and currently shows 16 Top Fuel, 18 Funny Car and 16 Pro Stock entries, but the counts are subject to change. Keep checking
Toyota NHRA Northwest Nationals for an updated entry list.
Pro Stock Motorcycle will not compete at this event.

31st annual CatSpot NHRA Northwest Nationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 74F, 51% relative humidity, barometer 29.76, adjusted altitude 1,783', track temp 103F

TF: Clay Millican, 3.743 @ 330.47
FC: Jonnie Lindberg, 3.995; Matt Hagan @ 320.21
PS: Greg Anderson, 6.503; Jeg Coughlin Jr., Erica Enders-Stevens and Chris McGaha @ 211.83

Q2
Weather: 75F, 48% relative humidity, barometer 29.74, adjusted altitude 1,880', track temp 90F

TF: Steve Torrence, 3.723 @ 331.61
FC: Matt Hagan, 3.913; Robert Hight @ 327.82
PS: Jeg Coughlin Jr., 6.501; Erica Enders-Stevens @ 212.66

Q3
Weather: 76F, 53% relative humidity, barometer 29.64, adjusted altitude 2,113', track temp 122F

Q4
Weather: 80F, 43% relative humidity, barometer 29.68, adjusted altitude 2,384', track temp 124F

Last edited:
Congratulations to 'Nick2317' (FABO) for winning the Top Qualifier title for the 2018 CatSpot NHRA Northwest Nationals with an outstanding of 23.5 bonus points by picking the #1 qualifiers in Top Fuel and Funny Car, and the #2 qualifier in Pro Stock. Outstanding!
'memike' (FABO) and 'ocdart' (FABO) tied for the runner-up spot with 22.5 bonus points.

Way to go!!
Good luck all in eliminations tomorrow!

We have 14 players again this week with 13 different driver combos made up of:
* 5 different Top Fuel drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchup. There is a possibility of two head-to-head matchup in Round 2 if all four drivers win their opening round of eliminations.
* 6 different Funny Car drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups. There is a possibility of two head-to-head matchups in Round 2 if all four drivers win their opening round of eliminations.
* 4 different Pro Stock drivers picked this week with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups. There is a possibility of one head-to-head matchup in Round 2 of eliminations.

Good luck all!

Yesterday was our Inland Mopars Car Club's annual summer picnic. I was away from home all day and did not see the race broadcast but watched it late last night.
Give me a day or two to get caught up and I'll post results mid-week. We've got a weekend off from NHRA events now that the Western Swing is complete
I've got to get the NASCAR game results posted first since there's another race next Sunday.

Congrats to Nick & ocdart qualifier picks :thumbsup:

Glad to see DSR Napa/Pennsoil Ron Capps F/C win his 60th Wally
take the west coast swing JFR team sweep away

My other 2 Picks
Torrence & Anderson went out early :BangHead:

Here are the results and point standings following completion of the CatSpot Northwest Nationals, the 16th event of the 2018 NHRA season and the last of three consecutive weekends of racing on the Western Swing.

Congratulations to game leaders 'stroked340' (FABO) and Duster79 (FABO) for sharing the "Top Picker Eliminator" title, each with an outstanding point total of 107.5. But they took different roads to get their. 'stroked340' picked the Top Fuel class winner, and his Pro Stock pick lost in the quarter finals. 'Duster79' picked the Pro Stock class winner, and his Top Fuel pick lost in the quarter finals. They both picked the Funny Car class winner.
'super-bee_ski' (FBBO) was the event runner-up with 100.5 points.

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Steve Torrence, 3.723 during qualifying
Speed - Steve Torrence, 331.61 during qualifying

Funny Car
E.T. - Matt Hagan, 3.913 during qualifying
Speed - Robert Hight, 327.82 during qualifying

Pro Stock
E.T. - Jeg Coughlin Jr., 6.501 during qualifying
Speed - Erica Enders-Stevens, 212.66 during qualifying

Here are the game point standings after the 16th event of the 2018 season:
1405.5 - stroked340 (FABO) no position change in the game standings
1346.5 - Duster79 (FABO) no change
1315.0 - SSG Karg (FABO) no change
1298.0 - cuda20 (FABO) no change
1286.5 - Budnicks (FBBO) no change
1265.0 - Back in Time (FABO) no change
1242.5 - Nick2317 (FBBO) +2
1229.5 - johnnycuda (FABO) -1
1224.0 - aslant (FBBO) -1
1190.0 - ocdart (FABO) no change
1172.0 - memike (FABO) +1
1170.5 - 71dartswinger (FABO) -1
1160.0 - super-bee_ski (FBBO) no change

937.5 - 64BEL (FBBO) no change

And now we get a weekend off!
The 17th race of the season, the 37th annual Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals is August 16-19, at Brainerd International Raceway in Brainerd, Minnesota.
As always, your picks need to be posted before Pro Qualifying starts on Friday, August 17 in order to qualify for all event bonus points. Pro qualifying is scheduled to start at 12:40PM EDT (9:40AM PDT).
The Lucas Oil Nationals entry list is posted on NHRA.com and currently shows 14 Top Fuel, 17 Funny Car, 14 Pro Stock and 13 Pro Stock Motorcycle entries, but the counts are suret to change. Keep checking
Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals for an updated entry list.

Get your picks posted and GOOD LUCK!

Cruz Pedregon Funny Car crew shakeup:
Aaron Brooks released as Crew Chief yesterday
Tommy DeLago announced today as the new Crew Chief

Brainerd "the zoo" picks

T/F Steve Torrence

F/C Ron Capps
{albeit the C. Force or R. Hight maybe even Matt Hagan will probably qualify better}

P/S Greg Anderson

P/SM Matt Smith
(last time out, he had a good bike)
gotta' mix it up a little, it'll probably be a Harley that wins thou,
I usually go with Eddy Kraweic for that reason, "the rules are skewed on their side"
hope I don't regret it

Good luck everyone

Here's your "Tuesday-before-the-event" reminder for the 37th annual Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals that starts Thursday August 16th.
The entry list currently shows:
16 Top Fuel
18 Funny Car
15 Pro Stock
18 Pro Stock Motorcycle

The extended weather forecast calls for a high temp of 87F on Friday, 88F and partly cloudy on Saturday and 83F and mostly cloudy on Sunday.

Get your picks posted!

Minn Picks iLl go with

TF Antron Brown
FC Matt Hagan
PS Jason Line
PSM Eddie Krawieck

Auto Transport Service
Back