• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 Drag Pak

It’s the only 3 speed with a SFI rated case to this level. No other reason. Just safety b
I presume that's an aftermarket case? A 727 could sure benefit from that. The shields & blankets are a pain.

As I recall the 9" Ford had several advantages:
Lighter housing & overall weight
Better pinion bearing support(with proper bearing combinations & sizes)

Disadvantage
Higher friction hypoid angle
Need all top quality components

Would love to hear what the Pro's say is the advantages of the TH400. Not real obvious to me.
Advantage would also be ease of changing gear ratios...

The higher hypoid angle that increases horsepower loss also contributes to the strength. The lower pinion location in the case results in more tooth contact area, making the gears stronger than normal for their size. And now there are 9 1/2 and 10" gearsets available for the "nine" inch.

The higher hypoid angle that increases horsepower loss also contributes to the strength. The lower pinion location in the case results in more tooth contact area, making the gears stronger than normal for their size. And now there are 9 1/2 and 10" gearsets available for the "nine" inch.

Agreed

Auto Transport Service
Back