• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021 11th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - Time To Burn Some NITRO!!!

FRIDAY QUALIFYING TIME UPDATE!!!

Because of late evening weather concerns, Q1 for the Professional classes have been moved up to 5:30PM EDT (2:30PM PDT) today.
Please get your picks posted before the updated start time for Q1 if you haven't already done so.
We were still missing picks from a couple of players as of this morning. They were notified via PM.

Here are mine if it isn't too late:

TF S Torrence
FC Wilkerson
PS Greg Anderson
PSM Steve Johnson

Good luck all!

crap, I've been busy all week and forgot, I edited my post and eliminated my late pics, got them in too late...no biggie, I'm pretty sure I've secured last place....or first if we are playing golf, lol.

Good luck everyone

Last edited:
crap, I've been busy all week and forgot, I edited my post and eliminated my late pics, got them in too late...no biggie, I'm pretty sure I've secured last place....or first if we are playing golf, lol.
Good luck everyone

Hey 'Outlawd', per game rules (see Post #1) I've carried over your picks from the prior event. Those picks will be used for Elimination Round win points only.

2021 Norwalk NHRA Nationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: n/a
TF: Steve Torrence, 3.705; Billy Torrence @ 325.37
FC: Ron Capps, 3.888 @ 329.34
PS: Aaron Stanfield, 6.615; Val Smeland @ 208.36
PSM: Andrew Hines, 6.855; Eddie Krawiec @ 201.22

Q2
PS: Greg Anderson, 6.602; Val Smeland @ 208.36
PSM: Matt Smith, 6.844; Eddie Krawiec @ 201.22

Q3

PS: Greg Anderson, 6.602; Val Smeland @ 208.36
PSM: Steve Johnson, 6.789; Matt Smith @ 201.58

We have a first time occurrence in the years we've had this game on FABO!
A total of six players share the Top Qualifier title for the 2021 Summit Racing Equipment Nationals at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, OH, this week. The unusual thing is they did it three different ways.

Congratulations to 'Budnicks' (FBBO), 'cuda20' (FABO), 'Duster79' (FABO), 'memike' (FABO), 'ocdart' (FABO) and 'shittyslant6' (FABO) for sharing the title with an outstanding total of 30.5 bonus points each!
'Budnicks' and 'ocdart' both picked the #1 qualifier in both Top Fuel and Pro Stock, the #2 qualifier in Funny Car, and the #3 qualifier in Pro Stock Motorcycle.
'cuda20', 'memike' and 'shittyslant6' all picked the #1 qualifier in Top Fuel and Pro Stock, the #2 qualifier in Pro Stock Motorcycle, and the #3 qualifier in Funny Car.
'Duster79' picked the #1 qualifier in Top Fuel and Funny Car, the #2 pick in Pro Stock Motorcycle and the #2 pick in Pro Stock.
Way to go!
Both 'Back in Time' (FABO) and 'stroked340' (FABO) share the #2 qualifier spot with 30.0 points each. More great picks!

We have 14 players this week and 10 different driver combos made up of:
* 3 different Top Fuel drivers. The earliest possible head-to-head matchup would be in the semi-final round of eliminations if both drivers survive that long.
* 5 different Funny Car drivers. The earliest possibility of a head-to-head matchup would be Round 2 of eliminations if both drivers survive Round 1.
* 3 different Pro Stock drivers. The earliest possibility of a head-to-head matchup would be Round 2 of eliminations if both drivers survive Round 1.

* 6 different Pro Stock Motorcycle drivers. There could possibly be two head-to-head matchups in Round 2 of eliminations if all 4 drivers survive Round 1.

Good luck all!

Congratulations to 'Nick2317' (FBBO) for winning the "Top Picker Eliminator" crown for the 2021 Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals, the 7th event of the 2021 season. He had an outstanding total of 169.0 points with class wins in Top Fuel, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle. His Funny Car pick lost in the 2nd round of eliminations. He was helped with both ET and Speed bonus points in Pro Stock Motorcycle.
'Budnicks' (FBBO) and 'ocdart' (FABO) shared the runner-up spot with 165.5 points.

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Brittany Force, 3.696 during Round 3 of eliminations
Speed - Antron Brown, 328.14 during Round 1 of eliminations

Funny Car
E.T. - Ron Capps, 3.888 during qualifying

Speed - Bob Tasca III, 332.02 while losing the final round of eliminations

Pro Stock
E.T. - Greg Anderson, 6.594 while losing the final round of eliminations
Speed - Val Smeland, 208.36 during qualifying

Pro Stock Motorcycle
E.T. - Matt Smith, 6.782 during the final round of eliminations
Speed - Matt Smith, 201.58 during qualifying

Here are the game point standings after the 7th event of the 2021 season:

859.0 - stroked340 (FABO) no change in season point standings

845.0 - Nick2317 (FBBO) no change
824.0 - Budnicks (FBBO) +1

800.5 - memike (FABO) -1
796.0 - Back in Time (FABO) no change
751.0 - shittyslant6 (FABO) no change
747.5 - cuda20 (FABO) no change
706.5 - johnnycuda (FABO) no change
687.5 - alsant (FBBO) no change
658.5 - ocdart (FABO) no change

621.5 - 64BEL (FBBO) no change
617.5 - Duster79 (FABO) no change

496.0 - SSG Karg (FABO) no change
393.5 - Outlawd (FBBO) no change

The 8th race of the 2021 season, the Dodge//SRT Mile-High NHRA Nationals presented by Pennzoil, is scheduled for July 16-18, at Bandimere Speedway in Morrison, CO.
As always, your picks need to be posted before Pro Qualifying starts. The first of 3 Pro Qualifying sessions is scheduled to begin at 10:00PM EDT (7:00PM PDT) on Friday, July 16. There will also be two additional rounds of Pro Qualifying on Saturday, July 17.

Pro Stock will not compete at this event.

Get your picks posted and GOOD LUCK!

Nice picking @ocdart
yeah ha tied runner up, I went up +1

we were thinking the same

to bad a couple went out early

good race overall

it's going to be a long 17 days still till Mile High Nats

Here's your 'Tuesday before the event' reminder for the upcoming first race of the 'Western Swing', the Dodge//SRT Mile-High NHRA Nationals presented by Pennzoil at Bandimere Speedway in Morrison, CO. This is the eighth event of the 2021 season.
The Mile High Nationals first round of professional qualifying is scheduled for Friday, July 16 at 10:00PM EDT (7:00PM PDT). Two additional rounds of professional qualifying are scheduled for Saturday, July 17.
Current forecast is calling for clear skies with a temp of 72F at the start of Friday qualifying. Clear weather with highs of 86F forecast for both Saturday and Sunday.
The current entry list shows:
13 Top Fuel
14 Funny Car
15 Pro Stock Motorcycle
Pro Stock will not compete at this event

As always, check the entry lists (NHRA National Event Entry Statistics) to make sure your driver pick is racing.

Post your picks posted and let's go racing!

Ill go with
TF Steve Torrence
FC matt hagan
PSM Eddie kraweic

I read the other day a racetrack taking over an airfield
in/on of all places 'Long Island' is supposed to open soon,
or in process
someone obtained the land & use permits anyway

I can't remember who or exactly when
saw it on Dragzine newsletter IIRC

Mile High Morrison Co. Dodge/SRT

T/F Steve Torrence