• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 12th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - Time To Burn Some More NITRO!!!

ocdart

Local time
6:00 PM
Reaction score
Here we go! It's time to get your 2022 Nitro fix!
It's three weeks to the season-opening event of the 2022 NHRA Camping World Series so time to get this game going.
It's hard to believe this is the twelfth year we're doing this.
Nitro qualifying for the 2022 NHRA Camping World Series season opening Lucas Oil Winternationals gets underway on Friday, February 18.
It's time for the "official" 2020 NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game thread to get started. Let's get more players than last year.

No changes to the rules from last year as the little change in 2018 proved to be pretty good. Here they are for any new players. Returning players should check them out also just as a reminder.

Rules for the 12th Annual FABO NHRA Pick 'Em for 2022:
Your picks must be posted to this thread no later than the scheduled start of Pro qualifying on the Friday of the event in order to be eligible for all bonus points awarded during the event. No exceptions. For the 2022 season-opening Winternationals, this is Friday, February 18. Pro Stock qualifying starts at 7:00PM EST (4:00PM PST).

Classes:
* Top Fuel
* Funny Car
* Pro Stock
* Pro Stock Motorcycle
* Highest total point accumulation from all classes at the end of the season is the winner
* Pick one driver/car per each class for each National Event

You must post your picks to FABO no later than the scheduled start of Pro qualifying on Friday of the event weekend. Picks posted after the scheduled start of Pro qualifying on Friday will not be eligible for any bonus points awarded during the event; picks posted after the scheduled start of Pro qualifying on Friday will only earn points for Sunday race elimination rounds.
You can also "lock" your picks in for the entire season if you wish. Just post that you want them "locked". You can always "unlock" them to make a change by posting your changes in this thread. Your revised picks will then be "locked" until you make future changes.

Since all of us get busy from time to time, our computers may break down, or we just forget to post our picks. So, in an effort to keep everyone in the game for the "regular season", if you don't get your picks posted before the first round of Pro Qualifying for any "regular season" race after the Winternationals I will use your picks from the previous race event. That's the benefit - you will be guaranteed to have picks for elimination rounds. The penalty is, your picks will not be eligible for event bonus points.
As said before, you still have the option of "locking in" your picks for the entire season if you think you may have trouble getting your picks posted sometime during the season.
Your picks will be eligible for event bonus points if you "lock" them in, but not if you just forget to post them or can't post event picks for whatever reason.
This "pick carry over" feature is only in effect for the "regular season". It will not be in effect for the six-event "Countdown to the Championship" at the end of the season.

You can review the event class entry list and the event schedule on www.nhra.com. Make sure you take into account the time difference between the event location and where you are so you get your picks posted on time.

* 10 points awarded for each round won during final eliminations (40 points max. per event)

* Bonus Points:
Bonus points awarded each event based on your selected drivers final qualification position as determined by NHRA
# 1 Qualifier = 8 points
# 2 Qualifier = 7.5 points
# 3 Qualifier = 7 points
# 4 Qualifier = 6.5 points
# 5 Qualifier = 6 points
# 6 Qualifier = 5.5 points
# 7 Qualifier = 5 points
# 8 Qualifier = 4.5 points
# 9 Qualifier = 4 points
#10 Qualifier = 3.5 points
#11 Qualifier = 3 points
#12 Qualifier = 2.5 points
#13 Qualifier = 2 points
#14 Qualifier = 1.5 points
#15 Qualifier = 1 point
#16 Qualifier = 0.5 point

5 Bonus Points awarded per class to the driver posting the quickest elapsed time or fastest speed per event during either qualifying or eliminations

15 Bonus Points awarded per class to any driver establishing a new national record elapsed time or speed during an event (no longer must be backed up within 1% per revised NHRA rules)

Each professional class has an 88-point potential per event if your selected driver qualifies in the #1 position, wins the event, has the quickest elapsed time and fastest speed, and sets both ends of the national record for the class during the event. 352 points max. per event with all four professional classes; 264 points max. per event that do not include either Pro Stock or Pro Stock Motorcycle.

If your selected driver fails to qualify for an event, you receive 0 points for that class.

Like prior years, there will be special rules regarding round-win points for both Four-Wide events. Yes, BOTH. The NHRA 4-Wide Las Vegas event (April 1-3) and the NHRA 4-Wide event at Z-Max Dragway in Charlotte, NC, (April 29-May 1). I will post up the special rules prior to the Las Vegas event.

Also like prior years, the points will be re-set following the U.S. Nationals on Labor Day weekend, prior to the start of the 6-event "Countdown to the Championship".

And just like the past couple of years, we're going to follow what NHRA is doing with increased points for both the U.S. Nationals and the Finals. Round win points for both of those events will be 15 rather than 10. This should make for an exciting finish to the season just like last year.

So post up your picks on this thread. Here we go. Light 'em up and let's burn some more nitro!

I guess we'll need a basement saver. I'll humiliate myself again.:rolleyes:

Thanks, oc.

I guess we'll need a basement saver. I'll humiliate myself again.:rolleyes:

Thanks, oc.
i love it. my concern though is so many nhra tracks being sold and turned into developments,we lost our track in ga last year. new england and virginia tracks are being sold to realtor development company.

Finally! nhra.com has a list of competitors for the various pro classes at the 2022 Winternationals showing...

17 Top Fuel
18 Funny Car
20 Pro Stock

Please check the listing to make sure your driver pick will be competing. There are a few big names missing.

Pomona Winter Nationals

TF Steve Torrence

FC John Force

PS Greg Anderson

watch now a couple new teams will win
Tony Schumacher
(DSR car {only car ?} strange)

or Mike Salinas
(with no Allan Johnson tuning anymore)

or Kalitas team
(with Allan Johnson tuning now)

or Leah Pruet
(TSR new team)

or Antron Brown
(new owner driver, at one time was my favorite TF driver)

or Austin Prock

or Ron Capps
(my favorite FC racer, new owner driver)

or Matt Hagan
(TSR new team)

oh well new season, gotta roll them dice

good luck everyone

Last edited:
Announcement out today that Andrew Hines is stepping into the role of full-time Crew Chief for the Vance & Hines team. Eddie Krawiec and Angelle Sampey will be the team riders and both will be on Suzuki-powered bikes in 2022.

Here are my picks:

TF Doug Kalitta
FC Tim Wilkerson
PS Greg Anderson

oc - please lock them in. Good luck everyone - see you in the basement!
:lol:

Im in

Pomona Ill go with
TF Steve torrence
FC matt hagan
PS Erica enders

I apologize for the delay...

Here's your 2-days-late Tuesday before the event reminder to post your picks for the 2022 NHRA season-opening Winternationals.
Qualifying starts tomorrow at 7:00PM EST (4:00PM PST)! I sure hope the breeze is blowing my way in the stands because I need my nitro fix.
The nhra.com website shows the following number of entries:
17 Top Fuel
20 Funny Car
20 Pro Stock

Post your picks if you haven't already.

S Torrence
J Force
G Anderson

good luck guys ! Glad to see the start of a season !!

Last edited:
Here are my picks:

TF Doug Kalitta
FC Tim Wilkerson
PS Greg Anderson

oc - please lock them in. Good luck everyone - see you in the basement!
:lol:

Done.
Don't forget to make a Pro Stock Motorcycle pick.

We're missing 'Outlawd' from the 2021 FBBO players.
Hey 'Outlawd', you going to play this year?
Post your picks!

Steve Johnson for my bike pick, oc. Thanks.

Lucas Oil Winternationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 71F, 16% relative humidity, barometer 30.13", adjusted altitude 1,905', track temp n/a
TF: Justin Ashley, 3.676; Brittany Force @ 332.10
FC: Robert Hight, 3.882 @ 330.39
PS: Erica Enders, 6.521 @ 210.44

Q2

Weather: 74F, 16% relative humidity, barometer 30.06", adjusted altitude 2,227', track temp n/a
TF: Justin Ashley, 3.676; Brittany Force @ 332.10
FC: Robert Hight, 3.882 @ 330.39

Q3
Weather: 74F, 19% relative humidity, barometer 29.99", adjusted altitude 2,279', track temp 105F
TF: Brittany Force, 3.661 @ 333.91
FC: Ron Capps, 3.857 @ 332.43

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back