• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked Up a New Daily Driver

1969VAGTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
Recently handed down my Durango GT to my son who will finally be able to take a car to college this spring. As a result, I have been looking for a new daily driver. This weekend, I went ahead and bought a 2023 Charger RT. Maybe not the most practical choice for a daily driver, but I wanted something that would still meet my needs while being a little bit fun to drive outside of commuting to work. Not planning to mod this thing out a bunch, but will probably add a few things over time.

IMG_2848.JPG

IMG_2847.JPG

Nice one. Besides Ceramic, Tint, and Weathertech, the only thing I did was a simple inexpensive tape application.

71F2EF2E-FB4A-43C2-B0F3-B24A037D6F5F.png

Last edited:
nice have fun in the commuter car, 2023 Charger R/T

Recently handed down my Durango GT to my son who will finally be able to take a car to college this spring. As a result, I have been looking for a new daily driver. This weekend, I went ahead and bought a 2023 Charger RT. Maybe not the most practical choice for a daily driver, but I wanted something that would still meet my needs while being a little bit fun to drive outside of commuting to work. Not planning to mod this thing out a bunch, but will probably add a few things over time.

View attachment 1608085

View attachment 1608084
Why is it not practical?
4 doors, big trunk, back seats fold down, 20+ mpg combined easy.
You think your Durango SUV was more practical?

Congratulations on your new ride. That Hemi matched to the 8-speed automatic should be a lot of fun. I once had a Magnum R/T wagon, and enjoyed it. After double knee replacement surgery, I found that getting into and out of it difficult, due to its lowness. I replaced it with a Durango, and now have a Grand Cherokee.

PB270123.JPG

P4120006.JPG

View attachment 1608085

View attachment 1608084
Maybe some hood scoop accent, and side graphics to dress it up ?

Why is it not practical?
4 doors, big trunk, back seats fold down, 20+ mpg combined easy.
You think your Durango SUV was more practical?
Maybe overstating it. The Hemi actually gets just as good a mileage as the V6 Durango on the highway. Just going to miss my SUV a little bit.

Only on parking bumpers and some driveways. Easy to scrape. Back in or waddle it in slow. Good news is what you hear most is the splash guard AHEAD of the front wheels, not the white front bumper cover. Linda has it pretty scraped up already. I touch it ip and inspect it regularly.

I keep the screen on the Chrysler all the time, not just on trips for bugs. Hoping it will soften some light contact.

75647D7F-D35E-4AF5-AAE4-A9C08048A468.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back