• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

275/60-15 all the way around

Paul_G

Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone run 275 15's on the front? I am thinking of doing this on my 73 Charger. Fitment issues?

Has anyone run 275 15's on the front? I am thinking of doing this on my 73 Charger. Fitment issues?
YES......BFG Radial TAs on my 1970 GTX RS23V0A******. IMO....it just looks good....but bottom edge of fender is close...1/2" - 3/4" clearance at full lock left/right. But in straight ahead no clearance issues....no problems with rear clearance either inside or fender well. Run them on std Rally wheels.....see pix. Some prefer smaller tires up front.....it's a personal preference.......just a thought.....
BOB RENTON

What kind of driving are you doing with the car?

it will look like a 4x4 if you don’t lower it.

I had a pair of them, I put them both on the same side of a challenger to see what it looked like, never drove it. It looked very silly in the front, too tall and wide. So I went with 255/60 on the front. Looked good and worked, but still a touch too big.
Autocross. It has 255/60-15's all the way around now and it is time for new tires. I daily drive this car, along with autocross and drag race.

The only way fat tires on front look good to me is when the car is done up as a road racer or old Nascar style. I wouldn't be surprised if you have to radius the fenders to get them to fit without rubbing. Otherwise the car may have to sit too high and look funny. No personal experience , sorry. I did find some cool pics on the'net though. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d5/07/58/d50758692d5b31ae5bbe0c89d6258942.jpg https://www.racecar.com/racecarwebsite/Images/News/85048/dd.jpg
Thanks for finding those pictures. The front tires do look very tight.

No problem, just put a straight axle in front and lift it a foot.

d30a592d04a0deace7163b94ef40f565.jpg

My 73 had 275/60/15 on 8 inch wide wheels when I first worked on the car (before I owned it). They don't look right and there is not enough fender clearance to really run them unless you crank the T bars to the sky and/or limit max steering. You will not be happy with them, I guarantee.

I have also creamed the same Miloden pan twice in two different 3rd gen Chargers. One now has a home-made road race pan in the style of the Milodon one, and on the other I built a big skid plate from thick channel iron and welded it to the K. In addition, the T-bars are cranked up quite a bit.

I built that cage and bolted it on. Catches 3 oil pan bolts on each side. It is beat to snot, but the oil pan survives. I finally got my Milidon road race pan. Took over 9 months.

I was concerned that 275's would not work on the front. Going to stay with the 255's.

has anyone ever took a factory pan [say a 6 quart] and kicked the sides out, similar to a road race pan ?
if so, how much extra oil did it contain, did you baffle the pan, and was it worth the effort ?
:drinks:

has anyone ever took a factory pan [say a 6 quart] and kicked the sides out, similar to a road race pan ?
if so, how much extra oil did it contain, did you baffle the pan, and was it worth the effort ?
:drinks:
I have @ 7 quarts. It's unbaffled as it is not necessary for my use, but could just have easily been done. It was way cheaper than a purchased pan, but took some time to build. You have to be be very cautious not to warp the pan rails. Mine was made from a "187" pan (not sure of original capacity or application) because that's what I had laying around.

Oilpan6 copy.JPG

I built that cage and bolted it on. Catches 3 oil pan bolts on each side. It is beat to snot, but the oil pan survives. I finally got my Milidon road race pan. Took over 9 months.

I was concerned that 275's would not work on the front. Going to stay with the 255's.
I have 255's in front on 7's. Only because I got a deal from a business associate at the time. Would not do it again, would do 235's.

Auto Transport Service
Back