• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

28 inch max cool radiator Radiator for '73 440 Charger

Charger Fan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
Looking for any sources of a three row, 28 inch radiator. Prefer copper but very pricey. Aluminum will work. Went to Glen-Ray and really like to buy the original one from him just having a tuff time with the $1300 cost. Any suggestions?

I have a write up coming on this subject but I need it to get hot enough in GA to confirm my findings. Short summary, I started with a 26” 3 row Champion and it worked fine except in dead summer sitting in traffic. It would start creeping and eventually get to an uncomfortable temp. 220*~230*. Added a couple of electric pushers that did not solve the issue. I went to the 2 row 1.25” Wizard aluminum and appear to be resolved but again, I need some real heat to confirm.
$300 vs $900 was hard to stomach but sometimes the right answer costs money.
Mild build 440, mechanical clutch fan with shroud, 5 speed, 2 pusher electrical fans, flow cooler water pump, running 50/50 antifreeze. 68 Coronet.

Bite the bullet, and go with Glen-Ray. One & Done, and it will fit & work without any hassle's...

I have been using a Champion 3 row 28" radiator for a few years now. I am in Phoenix, so it gets hot. The Champion keeps the engine cool with the AC on in the extreme heat of the summer. I am very impressed by the Champion given it's very affordable price point. I would use Champion again.

I too went with a Champion from Jegs.. i also run Shroud and 20" mechanical fan with clutch..
20230508_193550.jpg

I'm not sure what everyone considers "hot" weather, but I see 120's on a regular where I live. 383/496 stroker, a/c, automatic. I went w an "Entropy" 26" 2 row of true 1.25" rows. Factory shroud w 19" 11 blade nylon direct drive fan. 176° at interstate speeds, 222° idling for 10 minutes w a/c on, 40° vent temps at idle, after 30 minute interstate drive. True 222° is still inside normal operating range. Don't know if Entropy is still out there or sell just radiator w/out e-fans. But my setup works in "HOT" weather.

Thanks for all the feedback. I decided to go with the Glen-Ray.

Auto Transport Service
Back