• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2in drop spindles?

dodgeboy

Local time
9:42 PM
Reaction score
hi i was wondering if there was anyone out there who has put the magnumforce 2in drop spindles on their 1970 b body? i read on the ad that they are for 73 and up, will they still work for under 73? i'm a novice when it comes to suspension/chassis stuff, so i was wondering how big of a job it would be? and what other work will be required? thanks
Tom

My gut tells me they will not work. I have been wrong before. I would get the parts for your year. As far as changing, its not that big of deal. It all depends on how good you are on the wrenches. Dont be afraid to try, but dont be afraid to get help either. Part of the fun is doing what you can yourself. I am having a guy put floorpans in my car because I was in over my head. Sometimes you just gotta get help. Have fun.

yea i had a feeling they wouldnt work, but it's a lot of money to fork over for something that may not work haha, maybe i'll just try to get the ride height i want another way, thanks for the advice! i cant wait to get in over my head haha!

Get other opinions to make sure they wont work, i am not sure. Get in touch with there tech guys they would now fo-sure.

Hey Dodgeboy, Pick up the phone and call Magnum force. I used their parts before and everthing fit and worked great. They put a lot of time and research into parts before just putting on the street. After speaking with their tech people you will see they know mopars and correct setups. As for the change over its the same as any other b-body spindle. Good luck.

thanks a lot dantrap, i dont know why i didnt just think about calling in the first place??? haha oh well thanks a lot

The later model spindles will fit the earlier cars - it is no different than swapping on 73- later A-body spindles onto your earlier B-body... a common practice for cheap disc brake swaps - I have used the 2" drop spindles from Fatman Fabrication on a 68 Charger with a wilwood 6 piston brake kit - all in all a good design and the car has no problems thus far (over a year in service)

Auto Transport Service
Back