• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

318 intake

hacksaw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
Got a 4bbl intake at carlisle .... I was told it for a 318 never seen one but ok if i use it i won't have to change heads .... WRONG ...... casting number is ..... 2531915-2 ... what is it. early 360 340 ??????

intake 2531915 - 340-4 1968

Is the 318 stock ? Just going from a 2 bbl to 4 bbl ? The manifold will bolt right up. Port mis-match won't hurt anything on the street that will see mostly low RPM. The 68 340 intake is about the best iron intake you can get.

Hope you are not trying to put that on top a poly.
HA .. no polly ... . the problum is the bolt pattern the bolts at the ends (water ports) are fine ... the center bolts (2 on each side) don't line up .... thay seem to be moved to the center. I remember hearing of intakes being difernt do to the bigger ports and the push rods being moved over a bit to clear. i did see that the numbers came back to the 340 but was wondering if the dash 2 made a differnce.

Wow I never ran into this other than the early 273 engines.Bolt alignment was slightly different in the first 2-3 years but was the same come 67 up. But I have learned you never know with Ma Mopar.

Wow I never ran into this other than the early 273 engines.Bolt alignment was slightly different in the first 2-3 years but was the same come 67 up. But I have learned you never know with Ma Mopar.
Strange to me as well ... the engine is a 87 318 .... and it sure as hell don't have T/A heads .. il figure it out ... only payed 50 bucks for what seems to be a bad *** intake for a stocker anyway

I'm right now running a 360 Thermoquad iron intake on my 84 318.

nevermind ... must have been the beer .... problum solved ....

Auto Transport Service
Back