• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 350 golden commando distributor IBS4006B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul73

Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for a distributor for a 1958 350 golden commando. Part number IBS4006B. Trying to find this for my dads 58 fury as a Christmas gift. I know it’s a hard part to find but figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask here. He’s been looking for this at every swap meet but always comes up empty. He is also looking for a passenger side exhaust manifold for the same engine. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could help me find this.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello, I am looking for a distributor for a 1958 350 golden commando. Part number IBS4006B. Trying to find this for my dads 58 fury as a Christmas gift. I know it’s a hard part to find but figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask here. He’s been looking for this at every swap meet but always comes up empty. He is also looking for a drivers side exhaust manifold for the same engine. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could help me find this.
Thanks in advance.
Here’s is what the manifold look is like. It has a funny boss on the side which I believe is for the alternator bracket.

IMG_1730.jpeg

As Lefty71 ^^^ says above ^^^ , HalifaxHops (Ray) is a Great guy —- and has hundreds of MOPAR Distributors….
He Rebuilds them, also….
Lefty71 put out the alert for you… he will respond….

For the exhaust manifold, you need to try John at the Big M in Williams, California….

He specializes and has hundreds of parts cars for Forward Look cars….

When I was a kid, a neighbor set a stack of old car magazines on his garbage rack. I remember one fact about one car I read of, was a 57 dodge with the Sonoramic. When they tested it, they had 4 reporters in the car and it did 0-30 in 2.8 seconds.

As Lefty71 ^^^ says above ^^^ , HalifaxHops (Ray) is a Great guy —- and has hundreds of MOPAR Distributors….
He Rebuilds them, also….
Lefty71 put out the alert for you… he will respond….
Cool, thanks I just sent him a pm.

The 350 was a low block B engine. Maybe get a 440 Point distributor and use the shim to use it. If all else fails convert to electronic ignition and never have to worry about points again. Although with distributor up front pretty easy to set them. I had a 58 Fury with that engine, but its long gone with 147,000 miles on it. I have 58 manual and it mentions dual points but doesn't actually say for Golden Commando engine. Of course I don't remember what it had. It was a great engine for me. Very maintenance free. Mancini probably has the piece to use the RB distributor in your case.

The 350 was a low block B engine. Maybe get a 440 Point distributor and use the shim to use it. If all else fails convert to electronic ignition and never have to worry about points again. Although with distributor up front pretty easy to set them. I had a 58 Fury with that engine, but its long gone with 147,000 miles on it. I have 58 manual and it mentions dual points but doesn't actually say for Golden Commando engine. Of course I don't remember what it had. It was a great engine for me. Very maintenance free. Mancini probably has the piece to use the RB distributor in your case.
Yeah I’ve suggested that to him but he’s doing a numbers correct restoration so we’re trying to find one specifically for a 350. I’m not against your idea but if I’m going to spend the money, I’ll just get the part we’re after… if I can.

I don't know the problem but maybe if it's bearings it can be rebuilt. A 65 year old distributor may be hard to find. Although someone may have one stashed away. I have the original coil and bracket from mine, and because it was so low and right above the fuel pump I couldn't see the crack in it, and car wouldn't start good anymore. I had bought a new Sears coil and that was the one that cracked, and of course I never gave it a second thought. Figured car was over the hill so I ordered a 68 HT Road Runner, 383, 4 speed, P.S. and sure grip. My Dad had a place up in PA and I parked the Fury there. He got fed up seeing it and called the Junkman and had him remove it. Too bad it didn't make it into the movie "Christine".

If you have a distributor that’s no good, you could see if Ray can go through it and bring it back to life. If anybody can, it’s him.

Well I appreciate all the help I’ve been given here but I actually found the exact one I need on eBay of all places. No luck on the exhaust manifold though but I’m sure we’ll find one.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back