• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

360 and 747 for $500. Good or bad?

SteveSS

Local time
3:27 AM
Reaction score
727 you knew what I meant. Guy says I can hear it run then he'll pull it for me. I have no experience buying engines but we have a spare Dodge Ram D50 (Mitsubishi) we can put it in. Is the price good or bad?

Last edited:
Depends what it's out of.
Is it out of a 2 or wheel drive?
How many miles?
Any recent work or valuable aftermarket parts?

Seems a bit steep to me unless they have been overhauled in the last 50k or have some nice goodies on them.
Just my opinion

I’d pay $500 for a complete running 360, and trans. I don’t know if I’d just drop it in though, do yourself a favor and at least pull the heads at least.

Price is fair for a well running engine & trans.Depending what your doing with it,I would go through BOTH while they are out!

mmmm, that's ok I guess if it includes all the accessories and carb, trans lines, kickdown and related parts. i paid 400 for the last complete running small block setup I bought.

Price isn't that bad. Make sure you somehow mark the parts before they pull them. Don't fall for the old switch-er-roo.

Ahh yes the old switcheroo, maybe take a couple pictures (casting date maybe) then match them when you go pick up the motor. Obviously don’t pay befor he pulls the engine

Auto Transport Service
Back