• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 Post lift opinions

Anyone have ant experience with the father company Dover Corporation Direct Lift Pro-Park 8 Plus PP8P 4 post ANSI certified car lifts

- - - Updated - - -

under $2500 @ $2395

I have a Direct-lift Pro-Park 8 Plus. I have had it for over 5 years. The only issue I had with it was the hydraulic cylinder started seeping. I had the cylinder rebuilt and it's working just fine. I've had my pickup (Chevy Silverado) up on it many times but mainly I use it to store my Corvette. I turned my 2 car garage into a three car.

garageremodel-fourpostliftassemb-21.jpg

garageremodel-fourpostliftassemb-23.jpg

I have a Direct-lift Pro-Park 8 Plus. I have had it for over 5 years. The only issue I had with it was the hydraulic cylinder started seeping. I had the cylinder rebuilt and it's working just fine. I've had my pickup (Chevy Silverado) up on it many times but mainly I use it to store my Corvette. I turned my 2 car garage into a three car.

Thanks for the feed back/response...

If you have specific questions, or want specific pictures about the unit please let me know, I'd be happy to answer them.

If you have specific questions, or want specific pictures about the unit please let me know, I'd be happy to answer them.

Thanks I'm just window shopping right now & I will get some kind of lift in the future, just want something to do work under the car & make some room in the garage if my Dakota 4x4 will fit under it with my RR on the lift, my garage is 10'-10" from floor to ceiling RR is 55"s tall to the roof line & the Dakota 4x4 is 70"s tall at the roof line, that's 125"s or 10'-5"s, so if the deck is more than 4.5"-5"s or so, it won't clear, The RR will be slightly lower in the near future, but that's really cutting it way too close, I don't have to park the Dakota 4x4 under the RR it would be nice to kill 2 bird with one stone so to speek, If I could get both on 1 side of the garage & leave me more room to work, would be great, I am going to close in my 42'x28' carport in the back sooner or later, 1 side is 14' tall so it won't be an issue then, I just don't want to have to buy a 2nd one later, I will be paving, concreting, adding roll-up doors & electrical, insulating & closing it all in, after my elderly Pops quits using the RV & Boat, but for now, I let him keep his stuff under the car port out of the weather & I use the small 2 car 20'x20' outer dimensions garage for my car/pick-up.... Pro-Pack 8 Plus $2395 seemed like a decent price for what was offered....

Attachments

• Sonora Back property #4 Car Port RV & Boat.JPG
    Sonora Back property #4 Car Port RV & Boat.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 404
Mine is 72" to the top of the runways. They offer an extended height version as well. The runners are about 5" thick. My garage is 10'1" at the house end and it slopes to the door to 10'3". My Corvette is 46 1/2", so I can put the lift as high as it will go and I can pull the car under. My pickup is just about 4" too tall.

If you are going to have 14', the only way to go would be the extended height version.

Mine is 72" to the top of the runways. They offer an extended height version as well. The runners are about 5" thick. My garage is 10'1" at the house end and it slopes to the door to 10'3". My Corvette is 46 1/2", so I can put the lift as high as it will go and I can pull the car under. My pickup is just about 4" too tall.

If you are going to have 14', the only way to go would be the extended height version.
Thanks, I will probably finish the RR before I get the lift anyway...LOL... RR will be about 2" lower that will just clear the roof, with the 99 Dakota SLT 4x4 Under it... humm I wonder if I can get the std height lift & get the extensions to add latter, I will need to check that out, anyway the advert. says, in the STD dimensions it will clear 81"s {6'-9"} under the tray, more than adequate for when I set up my shop later... coronet500 thanks for the help...

- - - Updated - - -

PP8P is the extended lift & column heights are 7'-11" {83"s}

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe yours is a PP8S, it doesn't look quite as tall as the PP8P, in their advert..

I think you are right mine is the PP8S. Sorry, I didn't see the model number you posted.

Budnicks-

What are your plans for dealing with the floor/footer and anchoring of the carport?

I'm in the same situation with mine.

It's going to be a royal PITA to disassemble the whole thing, remove it, then grade and pour a slab, then reassemble. Plus I already have roll up doors in place.

If I pour a slab in place without doing all that, it will be slightly below grade and I'll lose several inches of precious ceiling height.

I don't really have a grade problem, it's a pole barn basically, it has 4x2" welded galvanized 8-ga. steel structure/frame, with 8, 8' deep x 12" round concrete pillars, that its sitting on & anchored to {I could dig down 6', if I wanted too}, there's bed rock under all that, instead of a footings, the pillars were the way to go, that whole area was decomposed granite fill, not the best for a minimum of 90% compaction, with road base gravel over it, except the one side on the right, it' on a concrete & rebar reinforced cinderblock retaining wall, around the whole side & back of the property, with 1/2" redhead anchors holding it to the wall.... I am going to remove some of the road base gravel, about 8", before I pour the concrete & form it up under the galvanized sill plates, putt pressure treated lumber under them, pour concrete up to that level, I still need to also dig electrical & plumbing trenches, install pipe & conduit, then pour at-least a 6" thick rebar reinforced concrete floors, under the sills, install a 4 post lift on the side with 14'+ ceiling.... if you can understand what I mean...

So you're pouring around the posts?

Mine is "mobile home anchors", and is only 7' walls.

I could pour around the posts and it would probably be OK, maybe even better...but I don't want to be 3-4" under water during the "worst case" rainy season.

Looks like you got me.

:):):):)

So you're pouring around the posts?

Mine is "mobile home anchors", and is only 7' walls.

I could pour around the posts and it would probably be OK, maybe even better...but I don't want to be 3-4" under water during the "worst case" rainy season.

Looks like you got me.

:):):):)

that whole area will be filled up-to the sills, encapsulating the 12" concrete pillars, with concrete floor & asphalt in-front of the shop areas, when I'm done & it slopes down away from the garage so it will have great drainage, no problem there, we get a little snow & a little rain, but mostly just in the winter/spring seasons around here...

I don't really have a grade problem, it's a pole barn basically, it has 4x2" welded galvanized 8-ga. steel structure/frame, with 8, 8' deep x 12" round concrete pillars, that its sitting on & anchored to {I could dig down 6', if I wanted too}, there's bed rock under all that, instead of a footings, the pillars were the way to go, that whole area was decomposed granite fill, not the best for a minimum of 90% compaction, with road base gravel over it, except the one side on the right, it' on a concrete & rebar reinforced cinderblock retaining wall, around the whole side & back of the property, with 1/2" redhead anchors holding it to the wall.... I am going to remove some of the road base gravel, about 8", before I pour the concrete & form it up under the galvanized sill plates, putt pressure treated lumber under them, pour concrete up to that level, I still need to also dig electrical & plumbing trenches, install pipe & conduit, then pour at-least a 6" thick rebar reinforced concrete floors, under the sills, install a 4 post lift on the side with 14'+ ceiling.... if you can understand what I mean...

that statement was wrong or mistyped it should read 18 - 8 ft deep 12" pillars, not 8

I researched them before I finally got the Bend Pack HD-9XW This was one that I could actually fit my truck on, and not break the bank.
I have had the lift for 4 years and haven't had any problems with it.

Attachments

• jims droid 327.jpg
    jims droid 327.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 386
Auto Transport Service
Back