• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

#40 Pete Hamilton Superbird build

Started on the body work. Had to make a patch on the lower D/s fender. Also test fitted the new fuel cell.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Looking great! My fenders were junk but I wasn’t paying $1000 for a fender lol.

Looking great! My fenders were junk but I wasn’t paying $1000 for a fender lol.
I feel the same way. I cut up the worst set I had to see how it would work on the car. Now they fit I don't want to cut a nice set.

I have to ask. Where did you learn all this stuff?
Doug

You have come so far, I had to go back to page 1 to see what you started with. Monte Carlo body with an R7 engine?

Looks great. Mine will be the same color. What paint did you end up using?

We’re only 3 hours apart. We need to get both together when done. Nascar meets drag race lol
It's Petty Blue. Limco urethane single stage for everything but the outside of the body. I'm going to base/clear that.

You have come so far, I had to go back to page 1 to see what you started with. Monte Carlo body with an R7 engine?
Yeah it started life as a 95 Monte Carlo with a rotted Satellite shell. I got the Nascar less the motor. It may not be a R7 but it sure will look like one when I'm done with it! lol

Mocked up a template of the StockCar style front spoiler. We will get it all laid out and make final one out of aluminum.

36.jpg

37.jpg

external-content.duckduckgo.com1.jpg

335.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back