• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 Hemi Manifold to H Pipe Bolts

mrhemi

Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the factory manifold to H-Pipe bolt up uses lock nuts? I have a reproduction set that includes castellated nuts, however they are not crimped to lock on the bolts. Anyone know the correct orientation? It is possible that the castellated side of the nut is placed toward the mounting flange so that the concave surface of the flange wedges the the nut segments tight? My apologies for no photos at the moment.

Attachments

• Exhust Bolts.pdf
    946.4 KB · Views: 108
I put the nuts on H-pipe side. The nuts would be difficult to put on manifold side, especially in the car. The drivers side upper bolt to get a wrench on go through front end adjustment hole by removing dirt flap.

Can you post a picture of the correct bolts/nuts? I’ve wondered if they are halfway correct on mine. They work but the h-pipe side flange holes are so large that washers are deformed into them to seat solidly.

Can you post a picture of the correct bolts/nuts? I’ve wondered if they are halfway correct on mine. They work but the h-pipe side flange holes are so large that washers are deformed into them to seat solidly.
Picture from first post.
bbb.JPG

Thanks, I couldn’t get that picture to open on my iPad. Looks like mine are not correct although still a nut & bolt.

Update. I found out that those are "Marsden" nuts. A type of lock nut that does not tighten on the bolt until torqued against the mating surface. This is what had me confused. They appeared to be a lock nut but spin freely onto the bolt. I thought they were defective. Not so.
Today's project: finish up the exhaust install on my Charger.

I need to buy the Exhaust Pipe Gasket to install my new exhaust system. The part book calls out #2780614. I went to Napa and they didn't have it or just a 3" donut hole gasket for the 2- bolt holes( see photo). I looked online and a cross reference Fel-Pro #60016 came up but it is definetly not a 3" diameter.
What do you guys use?

exhaust pipe flange.jpg

I need to buy the Exhaust Pipe Gasket to install my new exhaust system. The part book calls out #2780614. I went to Napa and they didn't have it or just a 3" donut hole gasket for the 2- bolt holes( see photo). I looked online and a cross reference Fel-Pro #60016 came up but it is definetly not a 3" diameter.
What do you guys use?

View attachment 1288132
Hemis do not have a gasket, strange enough.

Dean, you must have had an old Corvette once with the donut seals and sleeves.

Auto Transport Service
Back