• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 Wedge in a 66 Coronet?

To the left of 426 wedge is a box Remarks with numbers. Where it says BROADCAST what is the letter below the B?

What is the casting date on the block?

When I mouse over that image is shows as .jpeg and I can copy/paste it just fine. But it still isn't clear, we need a close-up the the text in question.
1674448546527.png

It looks like a G VIN code Sales Code 62 Engine Assembly Code 180 model year 1966 B body 383-4bbl to me.
A higher resolution scan would be helpful.

80028_bs-down.jpg

That broadcast sheet has WH23G. The paper behind it has WH23H. Both have the same sequence number? What's up with that?

If at the time of original Order, Requested by the Buyer, and the Factory had leftovers from the 1965 year models, why couldn't a '66 have come with a 426 Wedge ?

That broadcast sheet has WH23G. The paper behind it has WH23H. Both have the same sequence number? What's up with that?
That’s what I’m trying to figure out, body numbers match, sequence numbers match, everything matches, except the motor code, and the build sheet says 426 WEDGE at the bottom

That’s what I’m trying to figure out, body numbers match, sequence numbers match, everything matches, except the motor code, and the build sheet says 426 WEDGE at the bottom
WH23 is a 2 door hardtop Coronet 500. I am not real familiar with 66 VINS, but I think engine code G is 383 2 bbl and engine code H is 383 4bbl. I am sure others on here know better. BUT, my question is what's up with the VINs with different engine codes but the same sequence number? What is actually on the serial number plate in the car's door jamb?

Isn't WH23H6 a Hemi Coronet 440 for '66?
Where did that VIN info come from?

Last edited:
WH23 is a 2 door hardtop Coronet 500. I am not real familiar with 66 VINS, but I think engine code G is 383 2 bbl and engine code H is 383 4bbl. I am sure others on here know better. BUT, my question is what's up with the VINs with different engine codes but the same sequence number? What is actually on the serial number plate in the car's door jamb?
For 66, G = 383-4bbl in a B body.

Auto Transport Service
Back