• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 Wedge in a 66 Coronet?

I'm sure Galen would be willing to sell you a piece of paper he may have, or typed up himself, for 25 grand...

I have been following the first 12 pages. just checking in so I don't miss anything.

You're retired.. what else ya gotta do... :poke: :lol:

Yeah, but after 12 pages and counting this thread is becoming like War And Peace. By the time I get halfway through the 2nd page, it's all yadda, yadda, yadda. What's the outcome?

Sounds like you didn't as it seems that I believe that it's still up in the air.
Unless there is someone at Chrysler Historical that can confirm this we have no choice but to believe Galen's information (that came from Chrysler in the first place) Now it's up to the op to finish this mystery. Our work here is done .

Unless there is someone at Chrysler Historical that can confirm this we have no choice but to believe Galen's information (that came from Chrysler in the first place) Now it's up to the op to finish this mystery. Our work here is done .
That's all we’re waiting on now is Galen and Chrysler Historical, both have been contacted and we’re just waiting on responses.

I’ll make sure to post an update on whatever we get back from Chrysler hopefully we luck out there and don’t have to wait 4 years with Govier

How about some cliff notes so we don't have to read through 12 pages?
We got 3 camps;
It's a 383 car as stated on BS
It's a Hemi car as stated on VIN
It's a 426 wedge as stated on BS.

Has an inspection been done on factory fender emblem holes?

We got 3 camps;
It's a 383 car as stated on BS
It's a Hemi car as stated on VIN
It's a 426 wedge as stated on BS.

Has an inspection been done on factory fender emblem holes?

Easy way to dispel the Hemi theory is to check for torque boxes and other reinforcements?

Portions of the Service Manuals are copied from year to year so you need to take some of the information “with a grain of salt“

What's the meaning of the phrase 'Take with a grain of salt'?​

To take a statement with 'a grain of salt' (or 'a pinch of salt') means to accept it while maintaining a degree of scepticism about its truth.

This might have already been covered...
66-19_page1.jpg

Boxed rear springs 3/8" fuel line and snubber plate?
Photos courtesy dadsbee. To OP note how you access front spring perch bolts. 2nd pic is where you reach in to loosen bolts. Guess unneeded photos.
dadsbee.JPG
dadsbee.1.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back