• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 Wedge in a 66 Coronet?

maybe we oughta do a thread recap once everything gets finalized
Did you get a copy of the info you just received to Doug? He is THE man when it comes to decoding these things.

Did you get a copy of the info you just received to Doug? He is THE man when it comes to decoding these things.
I have but it doesn’t seem to be much help other than it confirms it was a special order car (which our other things did) it was interesting to see it was delivered on 12/03/65

I have but it doesn’t seem to be much help other than it confirms it was a special order car (which our other things did) it was interesting to see it was delivered on 12/03/65
Which VIN # was it in their records as??

So they don't have the H VIN on file... if they pulled it up off the build sheet and it was in their system as such. So the question is back to was the H a typo on the line or did Mr Norm change it?

They have no records of any 426 wedge cars so they went off the buildsheet saying it was a 383 car, ignoring the special remarks.
The actual quote was they don’t have the tools needed to decode the build sheet they then redirected me to Galen who is already working on doing the build sheet for the car

So they don't have the H VIN on file... if they pulled it up off the build sheet and it was in their system as such. So the question is back to was the H a typo on the line or did Mr Norm change it?
I’m unsure of if Mr Norm ordered the cars and then put the wedge motors in them or how exactly it worked but the H was not a typo in 1966 the H didn’t stand for Hemi it meant 426 Cubic Inches

I’m unsure of if Mr Norm ordered the cars and then put the wedge motors in them or how exactly it worked but the H was not a typo in 1966 the H didn’t stand for Hemi it meant 426 Cubic Inches
Not what I asked. What VIN did Chrysler historical use to give you a build card? The "H" on the tag or the "G" on the sheet?

Not what I asked. What VIN did Chrysler historical use to give you a build card? The "H" on the tag or the "G" on the sheet?
I disagree actually you asked if the H was a typo and I answered by confirming the H wasn’t a typo

Any reason to not just give a straight answer to the question??? 17 pages of interest in the car, but......?????

“Be much help”?

I can share the full text of our communication detailing the decode and my interpretation of the card with the group if you’d like.

It took me about 20 minutes to write.

Why are you hesitant to share what the factory IBM card says about your car?

I’m not sure your response is commusurate with the effort I put forth today or through this entire thread nor depth of what was provided to you at, if I may add, no charge.

Wow, you may want to look back 15 pages and see WHO gave you the form for Chrysler Historical...
I actually had been in contact with them since before this forum was started originally I didn’t want to pay Goviers fees so my friend Chance told me to contact Chrysler which is what I did and as commented I was waiting on that when Govier seen the build sheet and knew what the car was and the deal

Oh well Doug we tried, let him give Galen his hard earned money for some speculative paperwork... I'm out!

Oh well Doug we tried, let him give Galen his hard earned money for some speculative paperwork... I'm out!
I will be giving Galen my money on this one not because it’s speculative paperwork but because he knows what he is talking about in this instance

Auto Transport Service
Back