• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 Wedge in a 66 Coronet?

I thought Chrysler Historical told you the dealer?
That's what I thought. I also thought the IBM and build sheet showed the dealer that the car was built for and going to.

I thought Chrysler Historical told you the dealer?
Chrysler historical was where we found out it was a Mr Norm car I didn’t really check the IBM card to see if that was on there or not

The IBM Card does identify the dealer. My 66 Belvedere was received at H&F Sales and Service, 329 Main Street, Munith, MI 49259.
The car is identified as a "SOLD car" so it was ordered through the dealership and a buyer was waiting for the Hemi in it to go into a 33 Plymouth Coupe. Interesting story...... you can see the thread here.
1966 Hemi Belvedere II Project

The IBM Card does identify the dealer. My 66 Belvedere was received at H&F Sales and Service, 329 Main Street, Munith, MI 49259.
The car is identified as a "SOLD car" so it was ordered through the dealership and a buyer was waiting for the Hemi in it to go into a 33 Plymouth Coupe. Interesting story...... you can see the thread here.
1966 Hemi Belvedere II Project
Please post a picture of the part of the IBM card showing the dealer’s name and address, if you don‘t mind.

Since me and my brother have recently come out and started talking about the car I almost realized I forgot to post it on here

The photo with the steels and tunnel Ram was taken in 1974 after the 426 Wedge was blown up racing a 390 Mustang

The photo on the bottom is Ben as it sits currently

7B48D6EC-2B5F-41E1-A2A7-E425079043AF.jpeg

019933DA-E0C8-4E53-9C80-5D9D182EE950.jpeg

Saw it on Facebook yesterday. It started the same arguments on there as have been on here.
Troublemaker. :poke:

The vintage Keystones are perfect! Neat car really even without all the mystery/drama lol!

Saw it on Facebook yesterday. It started the same arguments on there as have been on here.
Troublemaker. :poke:
I’m almost at a point I’m don’t trying to argue it gets slightly annoying seeing people comment telling me what it is when they haven’t spent the past 3 months trying to find out what it is

The vintage Keystones are perfect! Neat car really even without all the mystery/drama lol!
The Stones were a liberty we took just because we had a set laying around and liked the look but thank you

So this car is a Coronet 440 with a Coronet 500 front clip? Or a Coronet 500 with 440 tail lights and deck trim?

So this car is a Coronet 440 with a Coronet 500 front clip? Or a Coronet 500 with 440 tail lights and deck trim?
It’s a coronet 440

The original owner would street race and drive the car he was headed out from work one day and hit a patch of black ice and the car hit an embankment

The drivers side front fender was replaced as well as the grill and the bumper off of a coronet 500 since that was what he was able to find at the time

I’m almost at a point I’m don’t trying to argue it gets slightly annoying seeing people comment telling me what it is when they haven’t spent the past 3 months trying to find out what it is
So you do have actual proof/documentation the car left the factory with a 426 wedge?

So you do have actual proof/documentation the car left the factory with a 426 wedge?
Besides Galen, the build sheet, and the Vin Code, we have finally found the original owner whom we’ve had some long conversations with and has told us about buying it new from Norms with a 426 wedge, and a previous Grand Spaulding mechanic telling us he remembers Norm ordering them, we’re working on getting Dave Wise as well, and any others we can have confirm the cars history.

This has been a very interesting thread.
Previous to this I had never heard of it.
If the owner of the other car that Galen has would come forward, it could be an interesting addition to the Mopar history book.

Besides Galen, the build sheet, and the Vin Code, we have finally found the original owner whom we’ve had some long conversations with and has told us about buying it new from Norms with a 426 wedge, and a previous Grand Spaulding mechanic telling us he remembers Norm ordering them, we’re working on getting Dave Wise as well, and any others we can have confirm the cars history.
So Galen has seen the car and had given his certificate showing the proof?

So Galen has seen the car and had given his certificate showing the proof?
Galen hasn’t come to see our car in person the reason why we couldn’t justify spend $3000 for him to come hands on inspect the car

He told me what photos to send in and said that he’d be able to use this to get us information on it currently we’re just waiting for Galen to finish up the papers

This has been a very interesting thread.
Previous to this I had never heard of it.
If the owner of the other car that Galen has would come forward, it could be an interesting addition to the Mopar history book.
I agree 100%, not sure how to find him, idk if Galen gives out information like that.

Galen doesn't give anything out "like that".. as matter of fact I've been waiting 18 years for mine that I requested! He tried to shanghai my buddy Bob for 25 grand for a build sheet that he was holding in trust. Thankfully Karma kicked in and Bob found another sheet in the car !

Auto Transport Service
Back